I think I found my tire/wheel combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.landcruiserdc.com
Been looking for awhile for the right wheel as I wanted to stay in the TRD family and most that I liked were 16". These will be coming on the new TRD Pro 4Runner which seems to have moved from the FJ trail team to the 4Runner, Tacoma and Tundra. Giving these models more attention with the FJ gone. They are 17" and will match them with Toyo Open Country AT 2. Just need to wait for these to be released!

egutu5up.jpg

trdfront.jpg

I like the look

That is six lug design. Hope they make them in 5x150 bolt pattern. Looks nice though.

That would give the land cruiser an aggressive look.. Hopefully soon though. Im adding it to my wish list :p haha

Look good but also look like a nightmare to clean mud out from if you're expecting to get down and dirty in them to any serious extent. Then again so are most I guess. My XD Monsters are a total PITA I know that. Those look like they might bog up even worse. In the dry they would be good.

Factory quality - you can't do better. Looks great except I'd be curious to know how aggressive they are with the offsets and widths. I like a little bit of poke and minimum 9" width.

Hopefully I can get more details once they are out. They are showcasing these new TRD models this week in Chicago. In the next few weeks they should be available and get exact specs.

So plan B due to the 6 lug which I totally missed. Got too excited. Hoping these off the Tundra TRD Pro will work. They are 18" even though I was hoping to drop down to 17". Once specs are out I will double check fit. But I still like these.

1554452_10152196126314201_2091309222_n.jpg

Cody just curious since the factory wheels from a material perspective are cast not forged... is there a reason why you want to stick to Toyota wheels? They tend to be a bit conservative on offset and widths. Given the healthy aftermarket, why not consider those? I'm running the Method 18x9 +25 and enjoying them quite a bit. Now apples to apples if specs were the same, like you, I'd look for that TRD/Toyota backing. Otherwise, since these types of wheels are so cheap relative to say HRE/Foregline/BBS wheels (6061 forged aluminum, heat treated rim halves, Ti rivets, etc), i really treat them like spares.

Cody just curious since the factory wheels from a material perspective are cast not forged... is there a reason why you want to stick to Toyota wheels? They tend to be a bit conservative on offset and widths. Given the healthy aftermarket, why not consider those? I'm running the Method 18x9 +25 and enjoying them quite a bit. Now apples to apples if specs were the same, like you, I'd look for that TRD/Toyota backing. Otherwise, since these types of wheels are so cheap relative to say HRE/Foregline/BBS wheels (6061 forged aluminum, heat treated rim halves, Ti rivets, etc), i really treat them like spares.

Thanks Roc, checked out their website and like them a lot. Do u have any pics of yours installed? Been set on TRD for awhile now and will see if they release any updated forged ones. Maybe over the summer? I will get through the winter on the stockers for now.

Sent from my iPhone

Has anyone tried these rims out on their 200 yet? I saw a Tundra in the showroom at Camelback Toyota and I love the look. A buddy of mine said they also have them with silver accents.

What do you guys think?

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

Ive seen those too. I think they look great.

Has anyone tried these rims out on their 200 yet? I saw a Tundra in the showroom at Camelback Toyota and I love the look. A buddy of mine said they also have them with silver accents.

What do you guys think?

If they were 17", I'd be all over them; but they are 18's :censor:

I was going to hold out for those TRD pro ones but they are just cast wheels and the same as the TRD off road just painted black. Happy with my forged TRD RW.

You can do better aftermarket. Trd width and offsets are conservative if that's your thing. Def not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom