I saw this jack conversion on YouTube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks pretty clever it's being sold by Off-road jack conversion cheaper than buying the pro eagle jack

Screenshot_20211010-185919.png

I can’t even begin to tell you how much I’d hate to carry a big heavy floor jack around in my rig. OEM bottle jack with @LandCruiserPhil bottle jack adapter and call it a day

I have been pushing trail for over 30 years. From stock FJ55s to tractor tired buggies. Been a long way from the roads and a long way from assistance. I've had to have parts air dropped, I've had to spend hours or even days doing field repairs. I've traveled heavy and I've traveled light. Alone and in groups. Done more than my share of recoveries too.

I have never been in a situation where I wished I had a floor jack out in the field with me, had any desire to drag one along on a run or had any willingness to sacrifice the weight and room that one would require.

If not for the couple of threads I have noticed here recently I would have never thought that anyone would seriously suggest a floor jack other than as part of heavy support/recovery gear in a commercial or competition situation.

But I guess if you have the unused space and are not worried about weight... it can't hurt. So long as someone else is responsible for loading, unloading and dragging it around. ;)

Mark...

I have been pushing trail for over 30 years. From stock FJ55s to tractor tired buggies. Been a long way from the roads and a long way from assistance. I've had to have parts air dropped, I've had to spend hours or even days doing field repairs. I've traveled heavy and I've traveled light. Alone and in groups. Done more than my share of recoveries too.

I have never been in a situation where I wished I had a floor jack out in the field with me, had any desire to drag one along on a run or had any willingness to sacrifice the weight and room that one would require.

If not for the couple of threads I have noticed here recently I would have never thought that anyone would seriously suggest a floor jack other than as part of heavy support/recovery gear in a commercial or competition situation.

But I guess if you have the unused space and are not worried about weight... it can't hurt. So long as someone else is responsible for loading, unloading and dragging it around. ;)

Mark...
it's the "overlanding" thing you see LOL part of the overlander's starter kit

I ran and got some donuts before work. Since I didn't use a boat... does that mean that I was Overlanding as I went through the drive in/take out lane and then drove back to the shop? ;)

Mark...

I have a couple items from 911 - they make some quality parts.

I think the "off-road floor jack" is more for pits in racing than for you to carry along on the trails. Of course, there will be people who drag it along...

I knew an off road race team removed the wheels from a small floor Jack and bolted it to a
skateboard deck. They could slide it under the truck in the sand, lift, swap a wheel, lower and be gone
in minutes. But that’s a full blown race truck and it made sense. I carry two mechanical Toyota jacks.
I have things I can use as baseplates to spread the weight and give it mechanical height advantage.
They have worked perfectly every time I’ve needed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom