I finally got my FJ!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I ordered it in late March and it finally came in. Here is a picture of it I took with my old truck that I sold to get the FJ. The truck was a 93 Pick up SR5 with over 186,000 miles on it. There was nothing seriously wrong with it, but there were many little things that needed to be fixed. The biggest thing was the wife HATED driving it (manual transmission). That was a great truck and I spent many hours off roading in it.

On to newer and better things. Next to it is my still stock FJ Cruiser! The only think I'm a tad dissappointed about is the stock tires are rather weak. I was hoping for BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO. I've been informed by my financial adviser (wife) that I have to wait until those are worn down.

I did add some 2 inch blind spot mirrors to the bottom inside corner of the mirrors and that really helps a lot. Visibility straight back isn't too bad, but the side mirrors do a good job of showing what's around you.

As soon as I find some good off-roading trails around here, I plan to really test it out. I've already been on a few weak trails (rough dirt roads). Does anyone know any decent public trails around San Antonio Texas?
oldandnewtoys.jpg

Congrat's on your new truck.

Looks good
:cheers:

:bounce2: :bounce: :cheers:

Congrats! They are a lot of fun and so far have exceeded my expectations!

Congrats!! Welcome to the Club, No go take that FJ wheelin!!

congrats!

all the people complaining about it being ugly should see this pic;) , nothing wrong with your sr5;p but it shows how distinct the fjcruiser looks. all the
pictures with landcruisers next to it somehow downplay that aspect.
:beer:

Congratulations! I can hardly wait to post a similar message on this thread. I ordered mine mid April also here in San Antonio. Hopefully this means mine is weeks away. Before you wear the tires down too much, quickly research the option of taking the tires in for a trade in.

There used to be some great trails over by Salado creek near Ft. Sam Houston. I dunno if you can get down there anymore though. I used to go down there in my FJ40 and then with the Land Rover Disco II a couple of times but not in the past couple of years. It's hard to find, maybe we can go check it out.

Do you know if Devil's Den is still open. Its on the other side of town from where I live, but I'm going to check it out some day.

I heard Devils Den is being watched by the cops all the time now. I rolled my FJ 40 there years ago - was wheeling at night and didn't see a deep washout while going down a hill. Like a real soldier, my 40 fired right back up and I put it in 1st and drove right back up the hill I just rolled down and back home pissed off !

Joel over at 4 wheel parts on Broadway has a FJ60 and is looking at getting a local Cruiser chapter open 'again' in San Antonio. Might give him a call. I am all for Cruiser clubs, but most of my friends don't have them, although they do drive Toyotas and was thinking of just having a 'Toyota' club.

I have my 40 on the 'restoration list' right now. All I need is time to do it. I know what I want to do, it's just time to do it.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom