I don't think fl. is not for landcruisering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Matt you said you didn't think fl is good for landcruising what do you mean by that?

Maybe I should rephrase that - Florida isn't great for off-roading.

As for a Land Cruiser club? I couldn't ask for a better group of people. Just too spread out :)

Lets do a Road trip to Uwharrie!! :steer:

When I first got to Florida it was the hot flat place I was stationed at that I resolved to be "the place I was stuck in, but could build my cruiser up so when I could go somewhere and really go wheeling."

12 years later I look back on the great folks and organizations that I had the great fortune of meeting and being a part of. From the folks in WPB from the "old FLCA" to Al with a drum buried in the ground for his tubing bender. Buying roll bar tube for $1 a foot in Jax, to A-pit, B-pit, FLCA runs, NFCH runs, camp fires, drunk discussions w/Jer and his Pops on why boats float, honorary Jeep members, out state runs, crazy ass FATT shack guys, Battle wagon, Trail Slut et.al...

All in all the best group of folks I have ever had the pleasure of hanging with. The wheeling wasn't the most technical, but the company couldn't be better. Looking back that is the best part of FL wheeling.

Now if you want a change of scenery your welcome to come to Colorado and wheel your ass off, but the best part is who you get to go with, not where your headed.

Sentimental nostalgia rant over...

Florida is the only place my landcruiser can go fast and keep up with traffic. I held everyone up going up mountains in Colorado with my 60.

The opinion that I have always had was that you owned a 4wd to get away from the city and crowds be it hunting,fishing camping ect. The reason clubs form is so like minded people could get together. I also know alot of people don't like wheeling fl. because of water and mud. Bret I don't know where in Colorado you live but thinks for the invite the last time we were in Colorado they had just cleared the roads and we camped and explored around South fork "beautiful" the best part we all the waterfalls. Oh! by the way we also were in our 60.

Thanks again you live in a beautiful area, one question have you ever seen a 40 that was on tracks like a snowcat? We saw one around your area and I would have love to checked it out.

I haven't seen one in person, but seen a few pictures. Joked with the Forest Service about putting tracks on my 40 because they close some of the roads on Jan 1 to wheeled vehicles. Asked since it would be tracked did I have to stay on the road, or could I follow the snow cats? They just looked at me and didn't answer...

SnowTrack_Landcruiser.jpg

I saw this picture just the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom