I cried a little... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And if you've ever seen how vehicles are treated at the Insurance Junk Yard, you'd cry even more.
Yup!

A friend of mine had his 2wd square body stolen and recovered, less engine and transmission.

He got to the insurance company to buy it back and we went to go get it.

I told him not to freak out when he sees his truck, and they are going to bring it out on a giant forklift payloader.

He still about freaked out. The FL driver just about dumped it right in front of us, but had done this so much, he spun around, and gently sat it on our tow dolly better than if we would have driven it on there.

Payloader FL with 20 ft forks, picked from the front, carried it out to us, set it down, changed ends, picked it up and set it on the trailer.
Standard practice is also to puncture the fuel tanks to drain all fuel prior to being hauled or parked in the salvage yard.

I told him not to freak out when he sees his truck, and they are going to bring it out on a giant forklift payloader.
I negotiated getting to go to the yard and take a few things off my motorcycle that they weren't going to pay me for. While I wrenched I watched those guys on forklifts tossing cars around, driving around with the cars bouncing around on the forks. I thought "Yesterday that was somebody's baby, and now look. So sad."

Yup!

A friend of mine had his 2wd square body stolen and recovered, less engine and transmission.

He got to the insurance company to buy it back and we went to go get it.

He still about freaked out. The FL driver just about dumped it right in front of us, but had done this so much, he spun around, and gently sat it on our tow dolly better than if we would have driven it on there.

Payloader FL with 20 ft forks, picked from the front, carried it out to us, set it down, changed ends, picked it up and set it on the trailer.
Standard practice is also to puncture the fuel tanks to drain all fuel prior to being hauled or parked in the salvage yard.

i think that depends on how bad the state of the vehicle. my wife wrecked my e46 M3 (not her fault), t-boned but otherwise the frame looks just a little tweaked. But it was running and all. I followed the insurance process, and they auctioned it along with showroom pictures -- and it sold . My guess it's someone's track car today.

By the time i got ahold of him he had already been paid and turned over to the insurance co. I was going to suggest he part it out. It was really well taken care of...The front leather seats were brand new... it "was" in really good condition. What bummer.

Oh man!! That was a series t-bone. Glad your cousin was ok. Makes me feel safer driving the 80 series if it can take amount of abuse without major injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom