I C B M Sept 23 24 25 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The reason I am asking is we are going that weekend, will be there thursday and do not want to set up camp where LSLC has plans to set up camp.
I beleive you guys have a designated campsite there but I did not know if you guys use it or not.

No, not avoid. I was going to try and find a spot in old camp.
I normally camp in you guys camp ground. The other spot we camp is the first camp ground on the right in old camp. I hope you guys enjoy your new fire ring.
Those are the biggest rocks I could find :)
Some a$$hats threw all of the old rocks from the fire ring down the hill and ripped the tin off the barn to slide down the hill. I have some new tin. I need to bring it back from eastland texas. I mentioned using the tin and Lawton the property manager said it would clash with the surroundings (or something similar I do not remember the exact words) You guys can ask him about using the tin. Beware he can be a pistol :)

Look forward to meeting some of you guys.
You are welcomed to our camp ground, it will be the one with all of the colored festoon lighting and sound like a nightclub ;p This is mine and my wifes rigs, they will be somewhere around where we are camping.

rigsontrailer.jpg

-=PEAKABOO=-

only 17 hours and 32 minutes away!!!!

I'm THERE!!!
Map_to_ICBM.jpg

seriously though, had a blast with Butch and Kris (OR Chris??? sp?) at Paragon this weekend.
wish I could make it. A bunch of us are considering flying down sometime to try to occupy all your extra seats :D

-=PEAKABOO=- said:
No, not avoid. I was going to try and find a spot in old camp.
I normally camp in you guys camp ground. The other spot we camp is the first camp ground on the right in old camp. I hope you guys enjoy your new fire ring.
Those are the biggest rocks I could find :)
Some a$$hats threw all of the old rocks from the fire ring down the hill and ripped the tin off the barn to slide down the hill. I have some new tin. I need to bring it back from eastland texas. I mentioned using the tin and Lawton the property manager said it would clash with the surroundings (or something similar I do not remember the exact words) You guys can ask him about using the tin. Beware he can be a pistol :)

Look forward to meeting some of you guys.
You are welcomed to our camp ground, it will be the one with all of the colored festoon lighting and sound like a nightclub ;p This is mine and my wifes rigs, they will be somewhere around where we are camping.
Don't worry too much about Lawton- When we built the campsite on Desi way last summer we heard him give the same speech about tin and 'not rustic' enough, but he let it slide. If you need anything brought over for repairs post up and I'll see what I can do. Some of the Dallas Toyota Trail Riders are gonna start arriving around midday Friday and we'll be happy to help with whatever repairs need done.

IMG_1208.jpg

I was looking at this also, all I can say, is we will have the big tent up, so if it comes we drink ourselves into a nap......
Butch

valkyrie610 said:
I've never done that, but I'm willing to learn.... :D
Yall gonna need help with that? :beer:

Guys, it really looks as if we are gonna get very wet, Sat and Sun. Do we want to discuss alternate plans or anything?????
Kowboy mentioned monitoring the weather and plan on a rapid retreat Sat sometime.......
We have several sets of relatives from the Houston Corpus area coming up to stay til it's over.....
Butch

According to www.weather.com , Gilmer's gonna be hot Thursday and Friday and no rain thru Friday night. Forcasting the s*** to hit the fan sometime Saturday. :eek:

I'm gonna be gone before the first drop hits ..... Friday night or Saturday morning at the latest. ;p

:flamingo:

Never been to an ICBM it didn't rain! Wish I could make it down with some fellow Rising Sunners. I wouldn't mind hangin' with some Texans, too many Ohio State fans in Colorado... there's always the Round-up

kipper said:
Never been to an ICBM it didn't rain! Wish I could make it down with some fellow Rising Sunners. I wouldn't mind hangin' with some Texans, too many Ohio State fans in Colorado... there's always the Round-up

Rain is one thing, I fear this may be of Biblical proportions, with winds of up to 60 mph....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just got off the website for the park ... under "park hours of operations" it mentions closing the park for inclement weather. States the decision is made on the Thursday prior to the weekend and will be posted on there website. Considering this is far beyond a "chance of showers" situation ... I suggest monitoring this tomorrow.

:flamingo:

I vote for postpoing. Old camp is not a great location to be in heavy rain, and the high winds will make it just miserable.

Besides, I could use a little extra time to finish my rig. :rolleyes: And I know I am not the only one! ;)

-Rick

we had 73mph winds here last week....nasty heavy rain...didn't last long, but did a lot of damage....

batten down, whatever you decide to do....

Let me know what ya'll decide. I'm packed and ready to go either way.

I am planning on leaving TN tonight, If you are considering postponing please post your plans or thoughts soon.

Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom