I C B M Sept 23 24 25 2005 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The crew from TLCC-H will not be there.

i myself am hunkered down in Huntsville at SHSU.

for those of you that still go BE SAFE

BlueBoxFJ60 said:
The crew from TLCC-H will not be there.

i myself am hunkered down in Huntsville at SHSU.

for those of you that still go BE SAFE

You guys be safe down there!

is it out of the question to postpone this event? they say 70mph winds in Tyler.

I was going to go, but not now. I want to be at my house to take care of tree limbs that could break windows or dammage my roof. Also think the highways might be very crowded because of all the evacuees.

Travis, stay your ass inside and be prepared. Get your water and food and fuel and maybe a cute coed.!!!

chris777 said:
is it out of the question to postpone this event? they say 70mph winds in Tyler.

I was going to go, but not now. I want to be at my house to take care of tree limbs that could break windows or dammage my roof. Also think the highways might be very crowded because of all the evacuees.

We have too many coming from way out of this area now to cancel, LSLC plans are to pack and get the hell out of there sometime Sat morning. We will make sure out of staters are safe either at our farm or at homes.
We also have a good weather radio to monitor.
Butch

Man.... everyone stay safe down there....

I've been watching the news (there really is nothing else on besides this hurricane) and this looks to be a doozey! :eek:

Texican said:
We have too many coming from way out of this area now to cancel, LSLC plans are to pack and get the hell out of there sometime Sat morning. We will make sure out of staters are safe either at our farm or at homes.
We also have a good weather radio to monitor.
Butch
Saturday morning traffic on 20 West is gonna be a bitch... they have no smart choice but to head west. Better hope Gilmer has plenty of gas. :(

Guys, I really want to bag this. The only reason I am going is to deliver Garths trailer to Dearborn. Is Dip**** Searborn still coming? I have called him and, as usual, he has not called me back.

If anyone has a number that fucstic will answer, have him call me or Bruce. I dont' want to be on I-20 on Friday or Sat to be honest.

Seems this is way worse than I thought yesterday when I told Butch I was still in......

Me too. I'm out. The weather doesn't scare me as much as getting stuck in traffic.

DavidW said:
Travis, stay your ass inside and be prepared. Get your water and food and fuel and maybe a cute coed.!!!
I'm going to gas the cruiser today. I've got a decent amount of water and food, as does my girlfriend (that'd be the "cute coed" you mentioned!) and her roommate. They live off campus but I'll be bringing them here (McInnis Hall, where I'm an RA) before it hits hard. I also get to babysit the 38 guys on my floor and tell them when it's time to hunker down in the bathroom. Should be exciting, to say the least.

I'll try to keep you guys updated, but we're kinda expecting the power to go out. David, reckon you could pm me your cell number again? I didn't keep it last time, but I'd like to be able to pass on word about how things are going here.

I'm kinda hopin' y'all postpone ICBM, I might could make it if'n ya do!

Trying to stay dry in Aggieland,
Travis

JasonH said:
Me too. I'm out. The weather doesn't scare me as much as getting stuck in traffic.

There's more than one way to skin a cat...er...get to Gilmer that is: :D

Google Maps

For those coming from Dallas and don't want to get on I-20 just follow these directions or even go further north and cut back down.

Butch--I'm still in if for no other reason than to help entertain/rescue the out-of-towners.

Cheers,
Matt

Edit: Word around the water cooler is that ICBM has been cancelled. Wait for official word before believing me though. Cheers.

Last edited:
wngrog said:
Guys, I really want to bag this.
Seems this is way worse than I thought yesterday when I told Butch I was still in......

Tard, I tried to talk you into to it yesterday, I'm loaded and leaving as are all the White trash, Dearborn is on the road, spoke with him earlier as are a number of others waiting on my answer yesterday.

On the road in 10.........if anyone needs me my cell is 903 227 6360
Butch

I C B M IS STILL ON!!!!!!!!!

Last post from me til Sat.......

Butch

You guys are nuts. Have fun!!!! Wish I could make it, but even if I wanted to, the roads are too clogged going north now.

This is one for the history books. Todd, get ready.

I can honestly say this is the first ever LSLC event that was a bust, We wheeled yesterday, had some fun, but got into camp about 4 and checked the weather, heard the storm had taken a eastern turn towards our location, since nobodyy really wanted to tear down and pack wet tents, we loaded and left...... :frown:
Dave Dearborn is now a confirmed 80 series wheeler,
Roger from STLCA drove the smoker in and wheeled.
White Trash was the largest group there........
All the out of towners and the White Trash is assembled at Kowboy's place and are partying there til Monday. :beer:

Traffic was no heavier than usual, strange seeing lines at every gas station I passed though........

I should have followed my gut and postponed, hindsight is always much clearer......stay tuned.........We may reschedule since the tee shirts did not even make it.
Butch :cheers:

The T shirts made it fine. They're safe with me.
I have better sense than to drive into a storm with no fuel supplies because the Texas DOT has rerouted fuel to the folks stuck between Huntsville and Dallas. ;)

Happy Trails! N
IMG_1119_resize.JPG
IMG_1120_resize.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom