I am listing one of my LC's. What do you think of todays crazy pricing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2- 2017 LC's, both paid off. One is blue with 35k miles and one is white with 69,000 miles. The kicker is that the white one in under Toyota platinum warranty until 2025 or 125,000 miles. I think that I will keep the low mile and sell the higher mile warranty car. The pricing on cars.com listings are insane! Are people really getting that? The dealer offered me $61k on trade, so because of tax credit, I would need to sell it for 67k to break even, so I put a price on it of $78500 on it. Am I dreaming? What do you think, any info is helpful!
Here is a link to CL with photos....

Last edited:
Good time to be selling a car

I have 2- 2017 LC's, both paid off. One is blue with 35k miles and one is white with 69,000 miles. The kicker is that the white one in under Toyota platinum warranty until 2025 or 125,000 miles. I think that I will keep the low mile and sell the higher mile warranty car. The pricing on cars.com listings are insane! Are people really getting that? The dealer offered me $61k on trade, so because of tax credit, I would need to sell it for 67k to break even, so I put a price on it of $78500 on it. Am I dreaming? What do you think, any info is helpful!
Ack! That’s about what I paid for my ‘17 when I bought it new in 12/16. What a crazy market right now :oops:

I would suggest you do an instant quote on carvana.... it only takes a minute.

I just sold a 2017 Toyota Sienna with 25K on it to carvana. I paid 33K for it new in 2016, and sold it to carvana for 30.5. This thing was beat up, lived in, had four car seats installed for some time and there were dents stains and scratches everywhere. couldnt have been easier... I uploaded 5 pictures and they came and picked it up from the house.

Anyway, the instant quote will give you an immediate idea of the market prices in your area, and I think it is good for 30 days. We had 3 vehicles and I couldnt justify keeping all 3 at those prices. now my wife is driving the 200 and we will likely get another van when prices return to normal.

$78500 is probably too much for an LC with almost 70,000 miles. Your calculation of $67k is what I would have guessed to be realistic (which is also astounding!). My 2018 has 71,000 miles and is worth somewhere in the mid- to upper-$60k's. But, a huge part of selling price is location, which can vary quite a lot even in neighboring states.

Its the super low milage 2019 + that are bringing big bucks for the moment . I just sold one of my 200 land cruisers , NADA and Blue book are out the door with the crazy vehicle market right now the used car value companies are not a reputable way to price a used car right now .
Just for kicks when I was selling my 2019 only had 1800 miles on it both appraisal sources gave me cash offers for 77k … LOL
I got mid 90’s for my LC 200 … so 18 thousand more dollars than there computer generated algorithm generated price .
I feel the market is just a small window for the higher prices , the LC200 was the perfect storm , I wish I bought 10 land cruisers at the beginning of 2020 Covid when I bought the 2019 for the wife and she kept driving the BMW .
My 2018 right now has 17k on it was offered 70k when I took it in for service last month , a little low just because the miles , thats when I decided to sell the 2019 but the dealer was only offering 85k which would have been a good price if we were not in the perfect storm for the LC .
Even other vehicles are hot , helping my buddy who has a 2017 Jeep rubicon , he bought it used and I have a trade deal for over 5k more than he paid for it last year .
New prices have yet to climb as much as used … its a crazy market out there if you have a hot vehicle .

I
I just paid 62K for a 2017 White with 70K Miles from a dealer. "toyota certified pre owned"

Honestly you could probably get it if you find the right buyer. The market is insane. I bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually High Sierra for $72k in April of 2020. Towed a 27,000lb Fifth Wheel 30,000 miles around the country. Beat the crap out of it. It even got smashed all down one side and in the tailgate by a giraffe pen gate that went nuts so it showed collision damage on the drivers side and rear on the Carfax. I posted it for $90k in March of 2021 and the local Ford dealership showed up with a cashiers check for $88k four hours later.

Its the super low milage 2019 + that are bringing big bucks for the moment . I just sold one of my 200 land cruisers , NADA and Blue book are out the door with the crazy vehicle market right now the used car value companies are not a reputable way to price a used car right now .
Just for kicks when I was selling my 2019 only had 1800 miles on it both appraisal sources gave me cash offers for 77k … LOL
I got mid 90’s for my LC 200 … so 18 thousand more dollars than there computer generated algorithm generated price .
I feel the market is just a small window for the higher prices , the LC200 was the perfect storm , I wish I bought 10 land cruisers at the beginning of 2020 Covid when I bought the 2019 for the wife and she kept driving the BMW .
My 2018 right now has 17k on it was offered 70k when I took it in for service last month , a little low just because the miles , thats when I decided to sell the 2019 but the dealer was only offering 85k which would have been a good price if we were not in the perfect storm for the LC .
Even other vehicles are hot , helping my buddy who has a 2017 Jeep rubicon , he bought it used and I have a trade deal for over 5k more than he paid for it last year .
New prices have yet to climb as much as used … its a crazy market out there if you have a hot vehicle .
I'll be listing my '19 when my F350 Tremor is delivered. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom