Hydro assist Stabilizer??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Yoyyoo @Hojack whatta i need to know?? Parts list?

Tytyty

Is this all thats needed??
Screenshot_20200214-122913.png

A welder and the power steering box tapped and a couple male an fittings
Tommy
Thanks Tommy. Whats the welder actually have to weld plz...trying to price that.

Have to weld the brackets to the axle housing for the ram mount and weld brackets onto the tie rod they are the 4 metal brackets with the holes in them in the pic you posted.

Have to weld the brackets to the axle housing for the ram mount and weld brackets onto the tie rod they are the 4 metal brackets with the holes in them in the pic you posted.
Tyvm...seems like overkill

It is for your tire size you'll be fine with just the steering stabilizer
Tommy
Appreciate your time. 1 final question...if the Old Man Emu i grabbed dsnt fit bc of my 3-4" lift...how do i find another option. How do i adjust to fit the lift?

If its the standard ome steering stabilizer it should work with the lift there isn't an adjustment the mounting points are fixed one end goes to the mount on the frame the other goes to the tie rod end on the drag link. You can measure from full turn to the right then full turn to the left from center of mounting points for extended length of the stabilizer and fully collapsed length as long as you have some length to come out and some length to go in on the stabilizer you will be fine.
Tommy

I haven't run a stabilizer on a 60 ever. They were nice on 40s with manual steering. With manual steering they helped
keep the steering wheel in your hand when a tire hit a rock. I never ran one on a 40 with power steering swap. Since oil filled
shocks have a 1/4" or so play before you actually feel resistance, they don't do much to contain death wobble from poorly
balanced tires if that's what concerns you. The PSC system is designed for those needing more assist than the stock power steering
can give. 38 or 42 x 15 Swampers and such in rock gardens for example

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom