Hx35 on 2h. Looking for direction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im based in helsinki , It doest seem to be an option to ship the 2h pump to aus for mods...
Why isn't it an option, people ship items like this all over the world every day. If you can't find anyone locally who can do this I'd definitely be sending it over to Aus to JHHilux.

These Finnish guys are world famous for doing inline pumps for mercedes diesels. They'd be able to sort you out for sure.

But it does seems like you're a bit confused over what you want. If you want a reasonably low budget setup good for towing then a smaller turbo and only small adjustments to the stock pump would suit you fine.

Compound turbos and a built fuel pump is not really low budget, and way more performance than you need just for towing.

But it does seems like you're a bit confused over what you want.
The only confusing part is the search results , 20+ years of people turboing the 2h and no on the shelf boost compensator to link ..

Your right about the diesel shops here . Much like aus , the Finn's have some epic battle with nature and so legends arise....

I'm not confused about the injector pump or the power .The install needs to be tunable or how do I show my face around the guys I know with their 1500hp volvos etc ...

In the past people were using either the 12ht pump, or an adapter plate to use a rotary ve pump. The stock 2h pump probably has a fueling limit low enough that if you had a fairly responsive turbo you could max it out without seeing excessive amounts of black smoke unless you deliberately lug the motor at low rpm/high gear.

The jh pumps seem to use a turbosmart product. I'm not sure if it's a universal boost compensator, or some kind of small wastegate actuator or similar that's been repurposed.

Question to all ....
Somehow those rotary pumps are only a couple hundred euro new....

Could someone recommend a pump size for a compound setup. My friend has 11mm and 12mm at his shop...

Another thought . Based on what my friends original idea using the hx35..
Stage1
Single hx35 with a quick spool valve on the open exhaust .
1x750hp air to water cooler with the coolers radiator up front .

Ve rotary pump with correct attachments...
Stock injectors which have been reco ...

Dude, your turbos are problem 2. Problem 1 is the engine selection. I honestly, from experience can say that a 2H will never be fast, or at least keep together doing so.

200 sounds great 🤗.. I drive a Toyota hiace around all day .. my life is in the slow lane ....

Does anyone know more about what type of attachments are most beneficial for the rotary pump swap ... Would not want to get to keen and buy a pump I can't use ...

The injector pump is from a TD42 nissan. Modified 12mm versions are readily available and relatively cheap. These are very similar to the pump from a 1HZ or early 6BT. You use an adapter/spacer plate and a modified drive gear. Dale Butterworth was selling these, he had a tripple turbo 2H in a HJ60.

it's a constant battle trying to keep it cool
Is there some tricks you guys have employed to keep it cool ... Like extra radiator and electric inline pump ....
I tried to drive the lc in full winter one year... Holyy crrp .... The heater didn't even get warm ...

I went looking inside the engine bay and discovered it has a water pipe coming out of the top of the engine that goes into the heater....

Is there some tricks you guys have employed to keep it cool ... Like extra radiator and electric inline pump ....
I tried to drive the lc in full winter one year... Holyy crrp .... The heater didn't even get warm ...

I went looking inside the engine bay and discovered it has a water pipe coming out of the top of the engine that goes into the heater....
In my opinion it's not worth trying to hop up an IDI engine and I moved mine on quite a while ago. Some people won't agree with me on this.

I've fully realized the idi motor is not what I would have like to have installed right now but I got the lc for something like (2300 euro (not including tax )...
I did a complete spring rebuild ( it takes off ramps at 80km and corners like a beast now ...
I can't do a motor swap , it's beyond the resources .....
I only bought the lc because it had a tow rating of 3500kg and I have a 3500kg max trailer to haul stuff for the company ...

It meets the problem area between renting a truck or doing a few trips with van and normal trailers... Although if if becomes fun to drive I will drive it more as a daily ... It's not fun to drive at higher cruise speeds ,although 2nd gear makes me feel young again 😁....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom