Hx35 on 2h. Looking for direction (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turbos like the CT26, HX30/35 are so commonly used on 2H engines
Appreciate the link . But I've been trimming my forums down and flat out don't use Facebook groups much .....

I'm an aussie it's just that I live with Finnish people who plan alot ... I'm your average bloke without a plan ....🤣

Question to all... Is the consensus that with little bigger turbo than what the efficiency map shows as best , generally more fuel is needed to run usual driving?

SO bigger unit doesn't give me the ability to creep around on good fuel mileage?

Thst was infact one of my needs is to creep around on very good fuel usage from this old tank , yet still have something beastly ......

As the discussion goes , if my small turbo install idea , let's say the hx30 with no intercooler and minimum detail.... If that idea was not interesting to my "friends" and they just overlooked the words "economic drivability ". Then I'm kind of stuck with an install that will probably be beastly but always cost fuel ....

So possibly the compound has to be planned so I can creep around like a miser...

Appreciate the link . But I've been trimming my forums down and flat out don't use Facebook groups much .....

I'm an aussie it's just that I live with Finnish people who plan alot ... I'm your average bloke without a plan ....🤣

Question to all... Is the consensus that with little bigger turbo than what the efficiency map shows as best , generally more fuel is needed to run usual driving?

SO bigger unit doesn't give me the ability to creep around on good fuel mileage?

Thst was infact one of my needs is to creep around on very good fuel usage from this old tank , yet still have something beastly ......

I have found ~10% difference in fuel economy between an efficiently sized turbo and one that wasn't.
Some of that is straight thermal losses (less efficient turbo requires more drive pressure, produces less boost and hotter boost etc). But the rest is the requirement to be in a lower gear and higher rpm to get hills and towing done.

Could someone indulge me on the parts needed for a compound with the idi motor?
Two turbos of the appropriate sizes, two oil feeds, two oil drains, high pressure wastegate on the small turbo, lots of piping, air-filter with huge flow capacity.

What electronics should be standard ... Do I need to TPS sensor the throttle , run some type of ecu to ramp fuel and control sensors ... Map sensor , exhaust sensors ...

The fab work from YouTube vids is understandable,

What electronics should be standard ... Do I need to TPS sensor the throttle , run some type of ecu to ramp fuel and control sensors ... Map sensor , exhaust sensors ...

You need a turbo, adjust fuel screw to suit and swap PCV hose to pre-turbo. A 2H isn't smart enough to know any better.

Would recommend boost, EGT and coolant temperature gauges as a minimum.

There's nothing on the 2H that an ECU can have any influence over.

You'd want to make sure it was serviceable, but the inline pumps don't often have problems. If it hasn't had them recently, would suggest reco injectors

Here's a Q ....
The stock exhaust manifold on the 2h .... Can someone put a estimated HP on that item..... I'm in dialogue with friend , he talking custom header which takes the money out of the immediate circle ....

Here's a Q ....
The stock exhaust manifold on the 2h .... Can someone put a estimated HP on that item..... I'm in dialogue with friend , he talking custom header which takes the money out of the immediate circle ....

Good cast manifolds are not a significant bottleneck. Sure you will make a little more power on a dyno with a tube header. But it's not worth the hassle IMO.

Here's a Q ....
At the power levels at which a 2H will stay together, it's a non-issue.

A boost compensator on the injector pump will come in handy đź‘Ś
77055602_2025301414239822_7025119203946397696_n.jpg

That pump looks lovely ... Do you recommend or suggest a compensator from which model?

Would a TD04-16t turbo work as the small ?

It's 8 hours of number crunching for me to size up a compound set. So I can't give you a quick answer with confidence.

Further look into pump mods has me worried ...

Now I kind of see how inviting a small turbo with no coolers or pump mods is ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom