HungryMedic's GX460 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HungryMedic

That doesn't look too hard... What could go wrong?
Threads
So in July of 2018, I picked up my new to me daily and trail rig. The plans with this rig are more family trip oriented having to keep traveling with the wife and kid's comfort in mind. So basically an overland style of build with some crawling in mind. No name picked out yet, but the kids are working on it. Below are the stock specs, ill update another post with updated specs and gear as we go and I've reserved a few posts for updates.

Stock Specs (as per the brochure):

2013 GX460 Base
Ext- Knight's Armor Pearl
Int- Sepia leather

1UR-FE 4.6L V8
301 HP
329 ft-lbs TQ
Full-time four-wheel drive with TORSEN® limited-slip center
differential (with differential lock)
Six-speed sequential-shift automatic Transmission
TRANSFER CASE- Two-speed,1.000:1/2.566:1
FINAL DRIVE RATIO- 3.909:1
+KDSS

5128 lbs curb weight
109.8 in wheelbase
74.2 in wide
74.2 in height
8.1 in ground clearance

Rims- stock 18"in(diameter) / 7.5"(wide) / 6-139.7mm(bolt pattern) / 52mm(offset)

Things I want to do:
*I'll color green as they get completed
**this list is ever growing

Drivetrain:

re-gear (maybe 4.88's)
TC cooler and valve body
Diff/tc breathers
LRA main and aux tank

Suspension:
Dobinsons MMR 3" lift w/ heavy coils
Dobinsons UCA's
Dobinsons or Redline adjustable rear upper and lower control arms
Dobinsons adjustable Panhard bar

EXT & EXT Protection:
Cooper STT Pro 295/70/17's for better sidewall
SSO roof rack
Ironman or ARB front Deluxe bullbar
Dobinsons Rear w/ dual swingout
SSO rock sliders
RCI full skids
SCS ray10's
Snorkel

INT:
Husky Floor mats
rear drawer system w/ slides
molle packs hung on the back door
OrangeBOXX Fab rear table and racks
Minimalist Fab Works Cup holder
Ram mount for Ipad
Wits End fire extinguisher mount

Electrical:
dual battery
solar
fridge
switch panel for all electronics
ARB compressor with Slee or RAGO mount

Recovery:
Winch w/synthetic line & Factor 55
MAXTRAX
ARB recovery kit
new gear and hardware

Lighting:
front, side, and rear floods
LED bulb swap int. & ext.

MISC:
Window Tint 35% front / 20% back
custom muffler back w/ Magnaflow muffler
ALL. THE. PATCHES!

IMG_1295.jpeg

IMG_1299.jpeg

IMG_2423.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

View attachment 1851370

Last edited:
we trimmed the running boards to prep for sliders..
oh and part of the patch collection went up.

56064153120__A3C3C03D-43F3-4574-A756-84151D4FA6B8.JPG

IMG_2713.JPG

56064119824__800FC8F0-D169-46CE-A1AF-B718037F4848.JPG

IMG_2714.JPG

446FAA59-7FB9-4BD8-B777-76784AD5ED90.jpeg

Last edited:
:cheers:

Careful what you wish for! You just might get it!

Thanks to the generosity of some white colored vehicle it appears I’ll be shopping for a bumper and some headlights for this thing. They got the tire too which seems to have tweaked the Tierod. Not too worried about the fender as I’m gonna end up putting a big hole in it for a snorkel anyway.

Oh well!

3E024903-F3BE-4008-B8FE-79977885533C.jpeg

Hit and Run while mall crawling?

Yeah seems so... had a note that said “sorry. Merry X-Mas” left on it when I walked out of windixie.

I hope you called the police and got them to check video at the store for a plate number. Sorry enough to leave a note but no contact info?? That's just bull**** right there.

Was supposedly in a blind spot and couldn’t see clearly enough. I’d have preferred no note over a “sorry”. I guess there was a witness and they wanted the illusion of leaving info. Oh well.

Replaced the bent stuff yesterday and popped the bumper out so it looks a little better in the meantime.

Maybe one day you'll bring the damn thing to a meeting or, God forbid, an event....... :cool:

how about somesuch meeting be announced here - not all of us are on FaceBook :doh:

these days, we don't have the 80 to bring anymore here in LA, it went to our Arizona house, but the story of how how we acquired the SWAMPGX is worth it :D

how about somesuch meeting be announced here - not all of us are on FaceBook :doh:

these days, we don't have the 80 to bring anymore here in LA, it went to our Arizona house, but the story of how how we acquired the SWAMPGX is worth it :D

@DSRTRDR there is the JAN/Christmas meeting on Saturday Jan 19th in Denham Springs. the date may change but that's the current arrangement!

thanks so much for letting me know

any more details ?

our GX is at the dealer currently (for a new dash - yeah :bounce:), but we should have it back next week

thanks so much for letting me know

any more details ?

our GX is at the dealer currently (for a new dash - yeah :bounce:), but we should have it back next week

Damn glad to hear from you! Had no idea you guys were still around. Unfortunately most of our members have moved on to FB and not many are on MUD any longer. Although, it looks like Eric is trying to help it make a come back. :D Yes, we are supposed to have a meeting at the Hodges' house in the Denham area on 1/19 but right now we only have 5 people who have said they are coming. We may have to reschedule. I will try to get on MUD more often and keep things updated here. If we go with the meeting as scheduled I'll post the address here.

But it looks like we will have the majority of our meetings at the Southern Style Offroad shop in BR. Kevin has offered us some space to be able to have wrenching sessions at the time of our meetings. I'll post dates here when we have them.

yeah, we are still around :D

although our 80 now lives in Arizona (drove it there last February)

instead we got the SWAMPGX last August :hillbilly:

Sorry @DSRTRDR . I got crazy busy and forgot to come back to this. We will have our meeting on Sat Feb 2 at the Southern Style Offroad shop in BR. The address is
2022 North Harco
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70815
Hope you guys can make it. Starts at 11am. We will be wrenching on rigs if anyone needs it sincerely we'll be in the shop anyway.

planning on it :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom