Huge Vibrations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jonathan_Ferguson

★ is in the wrong locale
Threads
Website
jonathan-ferguson.tk
I am having huge Vibrations coming from the Steering at 105km/h and above, I've replaced all Tie Rod Ends/Ball Joints and the Steering Damper with a Gabriel. ???

Also on some bad Bitumen Roads it will Bounce sideways. - Could it be coused by Trucks that have made the Bitumen sink over time and that the Track of a Truck is much wider than my BJ40? :p

have you had your tyres ballanced? alignment done after tie rods?

Not Lifted, But does have Gabriel Red Ryder Gas Dampers on the front and Old Man Emu Dampers on the rear from a HJ60. :-\

shackle rubber condition???

brand of shock absorber doesn't matter. The question is: are they buggered? But that wont account for the vibrations. You might try driving at legal speeds, and keeping it under 100. Works for me and cuts down on industrial deafness probability.

Sam

i have the same problem with bad roads where trucks have been, but a big factor in just how bad it is, is my tyres. New, they tracked well. Worn in they tracked well, but when i swapped them from side to side, the car jumps all over the place on bad roads. and yes i kept them rotating in the same direction.

some parts of the state 110km/h is legal.

but then again these are old trucks with ancient steering systems, so maybe dropping back a few clicks isn't a bad idea.

Jack it up, try and rock the tire from side to side and then top to bottom. I think side to side is wheel bearings, and top is knuckle bearings.

If tires are in question rotate them and see if vibe changes. This will also give you a chance to look closer at other areas like knuckles, wheel brngs, etc.

Knuckle Kit was done about 1,000km ago and Tyres have only done about 1,500km. I think it may be Mud stuck on the backs of the Rims. :-[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom