HPD 1HZ Turbo Kit ..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with anything from HPD - especially their turbo kits. I’m gonna pull the trigger soon on a kit for my HZJ77.

Thanks!

Is this the kit you're thinking of getting? They use Garrett 28 sized turbos which I'm personally not a fan of, especially now their quality has completely gone to s*** now they aren't USA made turbos and come straight from Wuhan China and some from Mexico. So much better options out there for a way cheaper price too.

Nice manifold @ZCissner , I also run the same manifold but with my own custom CT26.

@wapitimud Plenty of other great options out there for cheaper than that HPD kit. UFI, Munro, Procharge, Eclipse, MMP etc. Or just source the required manifold and choose a non CT26 based turbo like Holset, Borg Warner, MHI etc

I can't recommend Gturbo anymore after owning one and now having tried many others since which not only performed better but where actually much cheaper too

Last edited:
I like the HPD catch can, best on the market in my opinion. Their intercoolers are alright too.

For turbo, I would talk to GTrubo. Really that is where it is at for the best turbo.

Cheers

Skip the HPD kit, a Garrett GT28 type turbo isn't suited to a 4.2 litre diesel and the last thing a 1HZ needs is a laggy turbo, and even less so a hot tune to make it spool.
My suggestion is a Gturbo green wheel and PDI cooler setup for a fast-spooling turbo and an intercooler that will keep EGT under control

Last edited:
Hey guys, bringing this thread back to life. Looking for a Full Tubro 1hz kit in North America, Canada preferred. Any suggestions for a one stop shop with the best options? Sorry AU guys, shipping sucks these days.

Hey guys, bringing this thread back to life. Looking for a Full Tubro 1hz kit in North America, Canada preferred. Any suggestions for a one stop shop with the best options? Sorry AU guys, shipping sucks these days.
ive got a complete take-off setup from my spare 1HD-T, only thing you would need is the boost comp for the pump. could even meet you at the boarder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom