How's the market for LX/FZJ80 used parts stuff? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone - man....I've not posted in FOREVER! ! !

Soooooo, I think me and my LX450 are 'breaking up' after many years in our committed relationship...and as such, I have TONS of 'spares'.

Such as:

!FZ-FE cylinder head
misc engine parts, t-cover, blah blah blah
Dashboard
interior stuff
trans & x-fer case
middle/3rd row seats (sold the spare fronts)

So I'm asking because I'm wondering if when I sell the truck do I just give all this stuff to the new owner?

Or do I list the stuff on Mud?

Or do I sell the cylinder head to the aluminum scrapper?

Or? ? ? ?

Just wondering how stuff is selling these days ???

Hope everyone here has been doing well and their trucks are doing even better! Looking forward to being a bit more engaged with the community AND wondering what Woody did with those FZJ locking axles I sold him some 5ish years ago?????

I would offer it to the new buyer for an added fair price. That being said it can be a lot of work to sell everything. There's definitely a market but be prepared to take photos, answer a lot of how much shipped questions and then actually ship items. Sometimes local craigslist is good but then you deal with craiglister's ...

Well - I guess we'll find out - I'll update the thread, but the cylinder head has value for sure, maybe I'll get it cleaned up and new valve stem seals - to me there would be value in being able to pop on a new headgasket in a weekend versus a few weeks (maybe doing a core exchange)???

My LX won't be ready to sell for awhile and my part-out thread is years old at this point...

I’m always on the scout for a decent head, not anything great but flat.

PM me if you want, I’m just looking for a core though, not some stellar perfect piece.

There is money in it but I can tell you from experience it can be a big pain. Right now I am battling 10 days of rain and more on the way with people begging for parts. Sucks when the shop is full and pulling an axle in the rain.

You could try posting your parts list in the forums for any nearby clubs under the "Clubhouses" section.

If you want to go OEM call @beno

Rockauto is fine most of the time and @cruiseroutfit is where I get all my axle and suspension parts.

Its always nice to offer parts to us here on MUD!!! I have met a lot of cool dudes on here and even have been given parts for free! Not saying to give your stuff away, just stating that most of us here are a good group. Speaking of Good people..... Just a reminder that the Central Coast Landcruiser's Event: TURF-N-SURF is almost here! NOVEMBER 9-11 at OCEANO DUNES, Oceano,CA Check out the clubhouse for more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom