How to remove console trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does the silver painted trim pop off via clips or do you have to remove the entire console woodgrain? I want to apply touch up paint. I'm just talking about the surround piece and not the piece with the indicators. (although I'd love to repaint it also if it wasn't for the indicator marking being covered.)

I thought I'd ask before I break plastic😊. I hate old plastic fasteners....

IMG_6891.jpeg

Yes you need to remove the whole thing including the oem nav to reach the screws that hold lighter/ashtray panel. Its not hard you just need to follow instructions there is plenty online and on the forum

Yes you need to remove the whole thing including the oem nav to reach the screws that hold lighter/ashtray panel. Its not hard you just need to follow instructions there is plenty online and on the forum
My 2013 may be different but the cig lighter/ashtray panel easily came out with the nav in place. Just removed the knee pads and silver trim they attach to, then it popped out.

As for the shifter surround trim.. I do think that is much more involved.

Just dug into the FSM a bit. The shifter surround is not a separate piece, it is a part of the single panel that goes from the base of the ashtray trim past the cupholders all the way to the front of the coolbox. Seems like a lot of work to get out.

Seems like a lot of work to get out.
That is what I needed to know. I'll probably mask and paint it in place then. It didn't seem like it would just pop out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom