How to reach heater T's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to begin this long overdue job at 140,000 miles, and am wondering how the heck you reach these things. Was wondering what other people use to get the job done?

Dropped my suspension to low and used two cinder blocks. I am pushing 50, so I know you can do it!

I have a 7-ft wingspan, so I just reached across the fender and cut the hoses off :flipoff2:

1605545759878.gif

If you haven’t, definitely remove the plastic cover. They are kind of frustrating, but as you should be replacing the tubing as well you really only need to be careful that you don’t get any chunks of the heater tees into the lines you aren’t replacing.

I'm short (5'6") and my truck is lifted. I used a short ladder to climb onto the ARB and just layed on a moving blanket. Worked great, staged tools and the new T's and removed the cover first.

I'm short (5'6") and my truck is lifted. I used a short ladder to climb onto the ARB and just layed on a moving blanket. Worked great, staged tools and the new T's and removed the cover first.
I’m 6’3” and did the same. It’s a long way back there. Plus I replaced all the heater hoses so had to get to the firewall

6'4" here and laid towels down on the engine while using a step ladder. Buy the clamp pliers above or you'll be wishing you did later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom