How to make the 4wd light stay on after coverting to manual hubs KZJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After converting to manual hubs my 4wd light still flashes. Does anyone know how to get it to stay on? Maybe there is a problem somewhere. 4wd is working fine but the light flashes.

Graeme

After converting to manual hubs my 4wd light still flashes. Does anyone know how to get it to stay on? Maybe there is a problem somewhere. 4wd is working fine but the light flashes.

Graeme
I have the same thing happening to mine. After converting to manual hubs, the light will always flash, in reality there is nothing wrong with the 4wd the light is only flashing because it's not engaging 4wd electronically anymore (manual locking hubs) I hope that makes sense

my 70 series was converted to manual hubs and my 4WD light does not flash.

My guess is the wires for the electric hub need to be connected or grounded so the 4WD switch thinks the hubs are engaged.

my 70 series was converted to manual hubs and my 4WD light does not flash.

My guess is the wires for the electric hub need to be connected or grounded so the 4WD switch thinks the hubs are engaged.

Was the switch at your dash changed also? If you have the auto hubs (or did), it will have a 'hub lock' button and "H4" button which people tend to leave in there even after they convert.

Those with manual hubs from the factory just say "H4" on a single button.

(Just curious if this may solve the issue)

HLH4.JPG

H4.JPG

Mine has both switches.

There is an answer, not entirely simple though. Take out the 4wd control box, wire the 4wd/2wd solenoids through a changeover relay direct off the 4wd button, wire the t-case 4wd sensor direct to the 4wd light.

Cheers
Clint

I just removed my 4wd ecu as per old blues suggestion. I also have a pair of AVM hubs that I put on while old blue did the conversion for me. They will be going back on and I can't wait to try them. But. If you figure out the flashing light let me know. I have had intermittent problems with it since I got the truck. Glad I can reliably get in and out of 4wd now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom