How to install OME? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, i know someone has installed the OME 3 inch lift themself. Whats the best way to do it? I have all parts just waiting time to do this and just wanted to know the best way to do it?

best way i know is to take to a good 4wheel drive shop. might cost some money but that way they can take care of every thing while it is there.

Hey guys, i know someone has installed the OME 3 inch lift themself. Whats the best way to do it? I have all parts just waiting time to do this and just wanted to know the best way to do it?

The best way to do it would be to bring your truck to my place and have a lift session with the ATL boys...and girls!

Edit:If you wanna drive 4hrs.

Last edited:
in that case bring the beer and some steaks for the grill i work pretty cheap dont know the hours to drive but it will get done.

it was pretty simple, took less than a day and that was milking it. you may want to take the front struts to somewhere to have the new springs installed if you dont have the tools for it. make sure you look where the top piece that bolts back up in the tower goes as the shock wont line up on the bottom if not.

Definately take the springs to a shop to compress, cost me $20 and saved time and energy. See this for a how to

Dont waste your money buying a spring compressor. The set Craftsman sells was $49 and didn't fit the new springs. The service guys at Sears did mine for $35.

Midas did mine. Manager said just tip the mechanic and that's what the mechanics suggested. This was after we broke one compressor and had been cranking on another for and hour or so. I had OME heavies.

Dont waste your money buying a spring compressor. The set Craftsman sells was $49 and didn't fit the new springs. The service guys at Sears did mine for $35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom