How to fix a spedometer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok here is the problem. The spedometer is slow by 5mph. It shows 45 i'm doing 50. Is there an adjustment or anyway to fix it myself or should I bring it into a shop and have them do it? Also, I have 305/70 16 tires. I dont think the tires would make it off by that much though. Am I wrong? ???

Thanks for any help,

Bryan

Bryan,

IIRC, you're running on ~33in; whereas stocks are ~31.2in - should make some difference in the meter, but 45 vs 50mps seems a bit high.

Frank.

If you want your speedo bang on, get the Truespeed speedometer calibrator. Then you are also ready for when you go to 4.88s and 35s. :D. You can order one from sleeoffroad.com as well.
Sean

>> Am I wrong? <<

Yes, you are wrong. The tyres will affect the speedo and odo by the same percentage that you increased the circumference (approx 6% IIRC)

Get the xfer case gear from Christo and your problem is solved. I'm running 285/75's right now and the speedo is close to perfect based on the GPS (tyres at 40psi)

The TruSpeed is the way to go if you plan to swap trail/street tyres and/or if you are going over 33" tyres.

-B-

>>Yes, you are wrong.<< Ahhh honesty at its best. :D Thanks very much guys. My next tire is a 35" so looks like truspeed it is.

-Bryan

When I installed my truespeed I had velcroed it to the top of the heater core. Christo's glovebox install is real convienent if you need to switch between sizes a lot but even tuck away behind the glove box isn't too bad, it only takes 2 screws to get to and leaves the glove box open for more of my wifes toiletries :-[

-Christo, dont worry you'll be gettin a call from me in a few weeks. I need $ first.

-Landtank, glove box thing is perfect (checked out Christo's site) I dont have anything but the owners manual in there anyways so... works for me.

-Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom