How to determine lift height? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought an FJ40 a few months ago that was already lifted (spring lift) and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to determine what the lift height is? Its running 33.5 BFG MT's, so I'm guessing 4", but I would like to know for sure.

Hmm, good idea, ill get a pic and post it.

[quote author=Ian.boulder link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg70764#msg70764 date=1070486891]
Bought an FJ40 a few months ago that was already lifted (spring lift) and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to determine what the lift height is? Its running 33.5 BFG MT's, so I'm guessing 4", but I would like to know for sure.
[/quote]

Hey.........your sig line knows how much lift.......says 4" :D

but how does it it compared height wise to my 82 fj40, OME 2.5" and 33.9.5's?

32483834.jpg

regardless.........I'm always looking for excuses to post pics of my Cruisers :flipoff2:

But geez o pete he's got a stablefull of fine ones! :cheers:

[quote author=theo link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg70833#msg70833 date=1070494933]
But geez o pete he's got a stablefull of fine ones! :cheers:
[/quote]

No s*** he does! I'm :flipoff2: with envy> :D

Since we are on the topic, anyone guess my lift height? I've got SOA and 35s. Bought it this way but seems lik I have plenty of room to go bigger

[quote author=drohweder link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg71258#msg71258 date=1070567252]
Since we are on the topic, anyone guess my lift height? I've got SOA and 35s. Bought it this way but seems lik I have plenty of room to go bigger
[/quote]

If the PO used stock leaves, I believe it's around 6" of lift.

No luck getting a digital pic yet, but mine looks taller than that one Landpimp. There is definetely more clearance over the tires, and I have 33.5's. I have been peering at fsusteves sig pic, and it looks like that (i think, small pic).

I was hoping there was some standard measurement (like from axle to frame) that i could use to determine height, but I guess that wouldn't take spring flex into consideration.

[quote author=Ian.boulder link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg72456#msg72456 date=1070809126]
No luck getting a digital pic yet, but mine looks taller than that one Landpimp. There is definetely more clearance over the tires, and I have 33.5's. I have been peering at fsusteves sig pic, and it looks like that (i think, small pic).

I was hoping there was some standard measurement (like from axle to frame) that i could use to determine height, but I guess that wouldn't take spring flex into consideration.
[/quote]

you could measure the distance between the bump stops and axle.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg70811#msg70811 date=1070492153]
Hey.........your sig line knows how much lift.......says 4" :D

but how does it it compared height wise to my 82 fj40, OME 2.5" and 33.9.5's?

32483834.jpg

regardless.........I'm always looking for excuses to post pics of my Cruisers :flipoff2:
[/quote]

GAWD I FAWKIN WANT THAT GREEN CRUISER :flipoff2: .... it have a/c and power steering right :-\ trade ya a REAL nice 60 for it :D ... be there in two days :cheers:

[quote author=Ian.boulder link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg72456#msg72456 date=1070809126]

[/quote]

Yeah, had to shrink my pic to fit the avatar, not very clear. I actually have tons of clearance between the tires and fenders enough for 35's. These were some used custom springs I bought from a guy who picked up a 4" skyjacker kit. After he put on the kit, he said his truck dropped over 2". I really don't know how much lift it is, I would use Pimp's suggestion.

[quote author=kling-on link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg72479#msg72479 date=1070817836]
GAWD I FAWKIN WANT THAT GREEN CRUISER :flipoff2: .... it have a/c and power steering right :-\ trade ya a REAL nice 60 for it :D ... be there in two days :cheers:
[/quote]

OEM PS, no AC............and NO trade, I already got a sweet 60 :flipoff2:

Pimp, you suck....yes it's just jelousy :flipoff2:You going to undercoat that thing,? or, is it just a garage queen that you'll use to taunt us small fry for the next 20 years? :flipoff2:

Actually, all joking aside, I'm ordering a set of bfg's just like your's. Do you have any problem with the at's picking up gravel? My 40 is undercoated and with the bologna skin 235's I have on know I'm getting little hickys in the paint on the fenders from gravel hitting the underside of the fenders.

Got this off another site and cant vouch for its accuracy but its seems ok.
For a stock 40 series
From the centre of headlight to ground 880mm or 34 5/8 in
From the centre of rear quarter panel reflector 980mm or 38 9/16in
Hard top overall 1930mm or 76in
Soft top overall 1950mm or 76 3/4in

[quote author=folsom50 link=board=1;threadid=8356;start=msg72544#msg72544 date=1070833558]
Actually, all joking aside, I'm ordering a set of bfg's just like your's. Do you have any problem with the at's picking up gravel? My 40 is undercoated and with the bologna skin 235's I have on know I'm getting little hickys in the paint on the fenders from gravel hitting the underside of the fenders.
[/quote]

they all throw rocks.......just the AT throws smaller rocks than a MT :D I don't think any of my Cruisers are undercoated( Itake that back I did the rear wheelwells on the 60), none are re-paints, just original paint, no real issues with rust(or sun baking for that matter) in WA. All my junk lives outside(for now) and always has, no garage queens(but I don't wheel much anymore I'll admit) they all get used for work or play.

Oh and the 33x9.5 AT work good on a mustard 40 :flipoff2:

28497585.jpg

ah.....that works....
28497585.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom