How to Delete/Remove Conversations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Woody,
My conversation inbox is full with 100 conversations. In the hope of managing my inbox, I have left numerous conversations but it still shows 100% full. My forum search did not yield the answers/help that I was seeking, so here I am.

Thank you for the help.

The hourly cron job likely needs to run.

The hourly cron job likely needs to run.

No change in status hours after leaving +20% of conversations. Does this indicate that the recommendation in your link to delete my account and create a new one is the remaining option?
Thanks

No change in status hours after leaving +20% of conversations. Does this indicate that the recommendation in your link to delete my account and create a new one is the remaining option?
Thanks
At no point did I recommend deleting any accounts :)

Unsure what the issue is, I've run across a couple of system bugs that occured since the last software update. This is the only "major" one thus far.

How many messages/conversations does your Inbox information show?

Chased down an update to the plugin that adds features to the Conversation/Inbox process, and just updated to the latest version. Will run a few database updates now.

And of course, another system bug....I've reported to the developer. They are quick with fixes, but likely not until tomorrow.

79% is listed as I leave conversations
100% is listed as the status when viewing all conversations

In the thread that you referred me to, input (not from you) included the direct to create a new account as the fix. There was no further input indicating that this was an incorrect/inaccurate solution so I incorrectly took it as a validity indication. Thanks for the correction and help.

Plugin updated this evening, ran a handful of database scripts to clean things up. Rebuild conversations (total close to 1m) and rebuilt all member caches. Hoping the updates corrected the issues :)

Plugin updated this evening, ran a handful of database scripts to clean things up. Rebuild conversations (total close to 1m) and rebuilt all member caches. Hoping the updates corrected the issues :)

Woody,
No difference within my profile. At the summary, it shows 100%. When I leave conversations, it shows below 80%. Is there some sort of clean up/maintenance that I should be running?

Thanks

Sorry I thought this was solved...I've had a handful of other members note the same problem....I ran a few scripts against their accounts, and have done the same with yours, and everyone else is noting the issue is solved.

The developer for the Inbox addon is working on additional changes for a permanent fix...unsure on his timeline.

so If i leave a conversation, it is deleting a conversation and subtracting it from my total conversation? Or is there a delete conversation button somewhere.

I'm in the same boat. Conversations at 100% full (qty:50) and no apparent way to delete them. So now I'm not getting PMs people are saying they are sending me. :(

So, the "leave conversation" process isn't working for you?? You SELECT your old conversations, Choose Action from the menubar at the bottom of the screen, select '"leave conversations", select GO and follow the rest....and what happens?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom