How much for rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning on fabbing up a rear bumper for my FJC. After much looking and some shopping I haven't found anything that I like. Not only have I not been able to find what I'm looking for, but everything I have found is far more money than I think it should be. So I'm planning on making my own as I did for my skid plates (for the same reason). Once I get mine fabricated I've given some thought into making another for possible resale. Hence the reason for this thread. So again my question, what should be a fair price for a nice rear bumper? If what the market is asking is a fair price so be it. But I'd like to hear your opinions. :grinpimp:

Last edited:
$500....$600 if it has back up lights built in......

The others start around $700.....

I've destroyed my All-Pro....let me know when it's done:cool:

That is much closer to my ball park, with lights and easy install backup censors.

And I shall. :grinpimp:

Any other comments or suggestions on what other additions would make for the "perfect" rear bumper?

I like tube bumpers, as long as it has a hitch mount and recovery points, and allows for the back up sensors I dont think you will have a problem selling them...maybe a jerry can mounts...other than that as long as its strong im sure people will love it.

I was planning on steel plate...similar to what I'm seeing from All Pro and Expedition One. Accept with different lines, I'm not very fond of the large boxy ends...
And thank you, I hope the mock up I have will come out as nicely as I think it will. Still deciding on how thick of stock I want to use. Although if people are interested and I'm making "one offs" I guess I could build to spec...

The problem or reason for the boxy type bumper end is the plastic side molding. Under the bumper or caps is a plastic honeycomb and I believe some design pieces that serve other functions in there. Not saying somthing couldn't be worked out but it does offer some challenge.

Last edited:
Any other comments or suggestions on what other additions would make for the "perfect" rear bumper?

If you were to build the "perfect" bumper....It would have REVERSE lights built in....real bright wide beam lights!!!! It's a simple T-tap and a relay to make it work...I rigged my own....

And for that I'll jump to $700:)

Sweet, that was the plan! Not an electrician so that bit I was going to seek outside assistance. Thank you for your feedback!

What electrical questions did you have?

Knolly - I'd like to see this, gimme a buzz when you start up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom