Expedition One Rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally here and it works great. Spent the day at Hungry Valley and did some recovery practice plus general off roading. No clearence issues, good anchor points and the lights at night are a big help ! Fit and finish very good and it was worth the wait.
DSC_0604.jpg
DSC_0607.jpg

man, that looks great! thanks for posting up

what was the cost? It looks awesome

Shipping weight was about 80 pounds and that was with lots of packing, so I would say 70 in final form. It has great mounting system and requires to cut the plastic siding some. The orginal rear on the FJ is just plastic and styraform !! So, after seeing that, we feel much better. It took about 2 hours to install. I ordered lights and that took another hour to route cables, relays etc.

I was a, or the prototype for their production run, so I am not exact on price. I think you will see between $700 and $800. If you want lights included, then it will be more. I think it is the best way to really prepare your FJ for the trail when it comes to rear bumpers. I tore up the stock rear on several trail trips dropping into washes and tight gullies. In recovery, you have several attach points for complex rigging. I use their front and sliders too.

A couple more that show front and rear.
DSC_0613.jpg
DSC_0699.jpg

Damn-I may just have to back into something this weekend! "Hey honey-good news and bad...I killed that pine tree that blocks our view of the river...but I need a new bumper"!!

Yes the rear bumper has been a year in coming so to have most key point armored, is a good thing. We did the front bumper, then sliders that are super strong, put the armor under the vehicle on the engine, trans and tranfer case, then went to the protection onthe trailing arms and rear differential. So if we can keep it wheels down, we should be alright :) Thanks for the compliment, we are happy with the way things have turned out so far !

Wow. Ok, well now I know what rear bumper I'm going with.

Fit w/ Stock Tow Package??

Hi folks,

Did the bumper fit using the existing tow package, or did it replace it whole like the ARB rear bumper?

Also, where did you get the ladder on the rear door?

Anybody know a good source for replacement seats - Am ready to buy a new FJC but the seats kill my back - No new seat...No FJ :confused:

The bumper fit the factory tow package with no modifications. All very simple and straight forward install. I did have to grind down a sloppy factory weld on the rear frame to slip the bumper on.

The rear ladder is a Gobi unit I bought though a dealer on ebay. Don't know about seat replacements but I do know there are a ton out there. Just be aware of issues with airbags and sensors when you go to options.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Okay. Credit here it's due. I came back to this thread 8 times. Twice to look for an answer (Thanks) but the rest of the time...to check out your rig.

I hate yellow! But I swear I'm ready to buy a yellow one (if I resolve the seat issue) and copy your truck to the T. I Sh*& you not. :clap: I don't think it would look right if it was any other color...I am in lovvvvve. :D

What's that box on the front of your roof rack? What size tires are those? Rim choice for back spacing?

Only difference might be ARB brushguard, and roof rack.

Is there a thread on here that expalins different capability between manual and auto trans? All I was told was that the man didn't have center locking dif and was AWD.

Thanks again...Any way to send an email to someone here...I'm going to end up hijacking the thread:eek: Oh yeah, I'm going to get that rear bumper too.

Glad you liked the FJ overall, at this point we don't find us wanting or needed more, today:) My wife wanted the color and it really fits for us out on the trail and in town. We are moving to Kauai in a year and she though it was a better island color.

To answer some of your questions: the box on the top rack is a Tuffy FJ security box. We like to store more on top than in the vehicle. Used more for camp stove, lantern so it not banging around. At night, we put or food stuff so the animals don't get into it.
The tires are ProComp 33x 12.5R17Lt on Ridgeline 17x 9 rims with standard spacing.
Expedition One has brush guard options, we just choose the cleaner look. Roof rack is stock and has shovel / ax mount, highlift jack, Tuffy box and low profile boat gas tank that we havea hose and bulb pump so you can fill with out lugging a gas can around.
We run a 6 speed manual and overall you get alot from and standard over and automatic except rock crawling where it takes practice. We holed the stock skid plate in minutes on a rock path. Now the underneath is fully protected wit 1/4 plate. PS, the manual is full time 4WD and there are threads on the forum that fully explain the diferences. In the end it really is just personal preference.

Attached a few final pictures so you can see it overall.
DSC_0611.jpg
DSC_0631.jpg

Drrool. Awesome rig. Did you do the CB radio, Tuffy Box, installs yourself?

What are the attachments/fasteners for the HL Jack, tools? Boat gas tank -one piece? Any problems filling up at the pump?

Now I actually see a utility in the stock roof rack...

Hate to bug you. Have a great time in Hawaii

Thank you!
Bob

My wife Linda and I did all the mods ourselves. The CB radion is the small unit Radio Shack sells and it fits in the box in the rear of the shifter console. Quick access and you still have room for water bottles. We made a custom Antenna mount that attaches to the roof rack rib.

The ax and shovel are secured by Fourtrek billet mount with Quick Fist. We also use Quick Fist ($10) for Mag Light mounts inside. The High lift jack is secured by drilling the stock roof rack and installing a stainless sleve and stainless nuts and bolts. All low cost mods.

The Marine fuel tank is secured with two ratchet straps. We remove when we carry our kayak. We use a 6 foot hose to attach to the valve when we fill the FJ or another vehicle. To fill the tank we just open rear door when we fill the FJ, step up on rear bumper and fill top tank.

One of the best mods is the GPS, CD, DVD tuner that fits in the dash where the FJ Jammer radio was.

One of the best mods is the GPS, CD, DVD tuner that fits in the dash where the FJ Jammer radio was.

Who makes that? Toyota? Am zeroing in on a truck and it has the crap radio package. I think you're supposed to stick one finger in the air, the other in the cig lighter, and sing.

Am working on a seat solution - Good tip on the sensors! Had pillows etc. down at the dealer. Only thing they frowned at was when I had a role of duct tape in my hand and asked them for paper towels.

I need to find the best upolstery shop in Colorado. Hmmm :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom