How many snap ring/c-clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Medtro,
There is one c-clip that connects the inner axle to the birfield. There is a circlip on the outside of the stub axle that positions the stub axle in the spindle. Can you post a pic of SA-12 so we can see what image you are referring to? (Don't have the FSM here at the sister-in-laws)
-B-

As Beo said, there is the one that retains the inner to outer shaft and the second one that is further inboard on the inner shaft. Continue reading on the diagram on SA-16 for this.

[quote author=clownmidget link=board=2;threadid=9191;start=msg80017#msg80017 date=1072289125]
As Beo said, there is the one that retains the inner to outer shaft and the second one that is further inboard on the inner shaft. Continue reading on the diagram on SA-16 for this.
[/quote]

I have the the one that retains the inner to outer shaft. I don't have the 2nd one that is further inboard on the inner shaft. Same on both sides. The picture on SA-16 shows the 2nd clip is within the spline region. If I had the 2nd clip it would be at the end of the spline, that is where the slot located. Also, my axle diameter (at the end of the spline) is bigger than the spline diameter, may be that is why I don't have the 2nd clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom