How I spent my summer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna, Great job and I applaud you for taking the time to do it right. I have been wanting to herculine my tub, but I know I will want to replace my qtr panels eventually and think I'll wait until I tear it down for that.

You should bring it to Moab next year!

Ken

No Pics

Sorry Max, no pictures but it was pretty easy. Just take some rubber cement, the kind used to repair tire tubes and an old innertube. Cover the boot on the outside with the cement and cover the piece of tube (cut to fit) with cement, wait a minute for the glue to set up and cover the rips. I did mine on both the inside and the outside, it was easy, came out great and only took a few minutes to do.

:)

well, youve inspired me to make a new one. i went out and bought some marine vinyl. made a template with the old boot, cut it out, and my mom said she woukd sew it tomorow. also drilled out the rivits on the metal and painted it all. have to get some new rivits from Ace. thanks dianna ;)

I think you misunderstood me about the inner boot Max. I repaired the rubber one that goes inside the outer boot. You can't see it so I didn't care what it looked like as long as it kept dirt/moisture out of the shifter. I bought a new outer boot from CCOT for about 20 bucks! SOR sells a repair kit for about 12 bucks but that's great if you can fix it yourself! Make sure you have the inner boot!
coolfj40_1872_269391038.gif
coolfj40_1874_9693865.jpg

I'm with Trekker on this one. "I'll just fix this one little thing and then I'll be done." 5 months later and the frame is in the middle of the garage, the body parts are in the attic, and the tranny's on the bench. That is a super clean job. I just hope that I can have the patience to complete my 78' like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom