For Sale Houston / Norfolk- 97' CE triple locked and mostly built up (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
tan
Round two of putting our loved 80 on the market..... it took a lot longer to get the build going on her replacement but it's finally time, and the wife most importantly agrees..

This is my 5th 80 build - we picked it up as a one owner ( minus dealer) from Atlanta and it was obviously garage kept, even now the paint is almost perfect.

It's been built up to be a reliable light offroad DD, and that's how we've used it. Duggy's Garage here in Houston has done 95% of the work on her, including a full overhaul and HG at roughly 218k as PM..... along with that almost all hoses, lines and accessories were replaced with OEM or upgraded. Front Axles were fully redone at roughly 205k. she has a pair of new AGM batteries, new rotors/pads within last 3 months and a recent full fluid change. I'll post up all the build specs/ parts shortly - it's a long list. and I'll post more pics as well. PM me if you have anything specific you'd like a pic of.

Front seats were redone with LCH covers and new OME seat bottoms, rears ,and 3rd row are originla leather and in good shape (3rd row are out currently) Carpet was taken out and professionally cleaned and Dynamat installed in doors and floor etc.

She's currently in Norfolk, VA area, as I'm there for business 2-3 weeks a month now.

I have almost all records and invoices and am happy to talk about the work done etc.... The hood scoop is a bit polarizing I realize, I planned a Sc'er with a custom top mounted intercooler... My local body shop has quoted replacing with a stock hood should that be a choice.

Asking $ 42k( NEW PRICE 38k) - might consider taking a Tundra in partial trade, as I need a DD for Norfolk.. the wife likes her new Rig too much to give it up..

IMG_20201212_114259685_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210626_073136122.jpg

IMG_20210626_075001959.jpg

IMG_20210719_154947059_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210719_155958058_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Moving this back up - time for her to find a new home. I'm travelling too much to even drive it when I'
m back in TX.... Has fresh oil change and wipers...and a new Tundra Alt ( 150amp) replacing the prior that developed a bearing squeal.... plus both AGM Blue tops are new.

PM me with any questions

Erich

Still available - loosing garage space shortly so open to offers.

Still considering a GX or did you pick up a new DD? Thanks!

Stock gearing?

The new DD is mostly built out, have it in VA and hoping to take it to Quebec and Maine early next month to wheel it.

Gears are stock - with 35's in the flatlands I've never felt the need to regear an 80.

I've got some pics on my drive at the office that I can post of the underside - it's super clean with almost no rust, and has never been offroad more then fire roads..

Bump - I'm back in TX later this week with the truck for 10 days or so. Had a few folks waiting on pics... will get those out and post some more pics as well.

It's scheduled to go on BaT in Feb if a Mudder doesn't snag it...

Posted on Expo and tentatively going on BaT in Late May....... love to find her an Mudder home...

Hmmmm… you sure you don’t want another 80 project? I’ve got a 1997 LX450 that could use your ‘specialized skill set’ 😂 I do travel to TX about once a month for work and still have family in HTX… I’d definitely be interested in at least gawking at your rig.. 😝

Man, I just want your hood for my supercharger set up. Good luck with the sale.

haha - I want the Supercharger to go with it too @Cornhusker! other then making the cuts right the first time - the scoop and vents really dropped engine temps - scanguage showed about 12 degrees.

haha - I want the Supercharger to go with it too @Cornhusker! other then making the cuts right the first time - the scoop and vents really dropped engine temps - scanguage showed about 12 degrees.
I will probably end up going with the three vent set from Trackspec, but dang it, your hood would be perfect with the intercooler. If you were closer, I would just buy you a new hood.

What color is your 80 ? I actually just shot my shop a note last night about requoting the hood replacement as one guy in Boston who's "interested" but only if the hood was stock configuration..... they were unobtanium during Covid but seem to be back avail.....

I used APR's vents on my 200 Build....they installed easily and held up well.

IMG_7119.JPG

I just have to buy this truck without a hood and let him sell you the hood on it.

(I just happen to have a spare hood sitting in my garage).

PM has been sent.
:D
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom