For Sale Houston / Norfolk- 97' CE triple locked and mostly built up (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
tan
Round two of putting our loved 80 on the market..... it took a lot longer to get the build going on her replacement but it's finally time, and the wife most importantly agrees..

This is my 5th 80 build - we picked it up as a one owner ( minus dealer) from Atlanta and it was obviously garage kept, even now the paint is almost perfect.

It's been built up to be a reliable light offroad DD, and that's how we've used it. Duggy's Garage here in Houston has done 95% of the work on her, including a full overhaul and HG at roughly 218k as PM..... along with that almost all hoses, lines and accessories were replaced with OEM or upgraded. Front Axles were fully redone at roughly 205k. she has a pair of new AGM batteries, new rotors/pads within last 3 months and a recent full fluid change. I'll post up all the build specs/ parts shortly - it's a long list. and I'll post more pics as well. PM me if you have anything specific you'd like a pic of.

Front seats were redone with LCH covers and new OME seat bottoms, rears ,and 3rd row are originla leather and in good shape (3rd row are out currently) Carpet was taken out and professionally cleaned and Dynamat installed in doors and floor etc.

She's currently in Norfolk, VA area, as I'm there for business 2-3 weeks a month now.

I have almost all records and invoices and am happy to talk about the work done etc.... The hood scoop is a bit polarizing I realize, I planned a Sc'er with a custom top mounted intercooler... My local body shop has quoted replacing with a stock hood should that be a choice.

Asking $ 42k( NEW PRICE 38k) - might consider taking a Tundra in partial trade, as I need a DD for Norfolk.. the wife likes her new Rig too much to give it up..

IMG_20201212_114259685_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210626_073136122.jpg

IMG_20210626_075001959.jpg

IMG_20210719_154947059_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210719_155958058_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
some details on the build parts/ specs etc..

Exterior / Suspension:
  • New 315/7-/17 Toyo RT’s on SCS lightweight (23lb) 5 spoke rims – plus full size spare
  • White Knuckle offroad slider with mild turn-up and filler plate
  • ARB front bumper and Smittlybilt Gen 3 12k winch w/ Synthetic line (new blue Amsteel 02/2021)
  • Trail Taylor Steering stab. And radiator guard
  • Slee AC evap skid plate
  • Slee rear locker guard
  • Trail Tailor Transfer skid plate
  • Old Man Emu med front / heavy rear 2 ½ “ lift w/ 10mm packers in the rear- OME shocks
  • Slee SS brake lines
  • ARB Alloy Alum full roof rack
  • ARB Alum case 2.5x2.5 M awning (used twice)
  • Trax sand boards & floatation plate for hi-lift jack on roof
  • Hood has professionally installed STI hood scoop and Range Rover side vents – designed for Intercooler(mishimoto) for pending turbo install – runs about 12-15 degree cooler then prior
  • Baja Design LP6’s on ARB –
  • Rigid driving lights custom installed into ARB
  • Massive Metalworks Hood brackets with Baja Design S2 Pro ditch light
  • 4x4 labs rear bumper – spare tire carrier and ladder, also comes with re-painted gas can / cooler basket
  • Baja design Squadron pro’s as back up lights
  • Hi-lift jack on swingout
  • All new door seals, window runs and slides – including rear hatch
  • Safari snorkel professionally installed
  • Fender flares repainted w/ new gimps
  • Depo blacked out head lights, depos clear side markers and LED tailights
  • Delta VS rear panhard bracket
  • LCP front swaybar disconnects
  • Shaky mirror fix
  • EBC slotted/ drilled rotors front and rear w/ Hawk pads
  • Old Man Emu Steering stabilizer
  • CLD button – 7 pin mod
  • Swaybar bushings
  • New windshield washer pump
  • New Windshield washer motor and blades all the way around
Mechanical / running gear:
  • Rebuilt front axle -seals, bearings and everything needed
  • Full fluid change 02/2021
  • All U-joints replaced 05/2021
  • Head gasket redone plus full new OEM wiring harness, hoses, belts and fluids
  • New Radiator
  • Tundra 150 amp Alt w/ photoman brackets
  • PHH and bypass of removed rear heater
  • New Denso starter
  • New fuel and water pumps/ thermos and filter
  • New dist seal and timing chain and guides/tensioner etc
  • New injectors / plugs/wires etc..
  • New brake booster ( oem) and cylinders
  • New power steering pump and all lines
  • Slee Dual batter tray- Dual AGM batteries w/ Blue Seas AGM and bussman circuit protection
  • New air intake tube – and MAF sensor
  • GM VC120 charcoal canister
  • Dual Hella Red horns
  • Burrito basket….and SS tongs……
  • Fan and new clutch hub
Interior:
  • New LCH front seat covers installed w/ new OEM seat bottom foam
  • Fatt matt and acoustic foam installed up to front seats and in all doors/ hatch
  • Carpet professionally cleaned while out – always covered w/ new Inno-hex mats
  • Kenwood 6.1” headunit w/ 5 channel anp under drivers seat and Infinity 6 ½ “ speaker in all doors – JL sub on LCP rear bracket, it sounds amazing !
  • 4x 4 labs rear drivers side basket - Rago offroad side window Molle panel and Delta brackets hold a shelf/ attic
  • Adventure Ready rear inner tailgate cover/ cutting board
  • S-Tech 6 light switch panel installed with Wits End ash tray mount
  • Wits End useless cubby hole mount w/ tilto-meter
  • Craft Customs redone steering wheel ( thicker then oem with extra high density foam)
  • Craft custom redone shifter knob and center console lid
  • Redline custom transfer case nob
  • 1500 Watt Inverter under passenger seat – Rear heater deleted
  • Rear 2nd row seats are out of the truck typically but in very good condition -recently treated with Leatherique and stored in climate controlled unit.
  • Led Dome lights

Haha- thanks Bison
I might be addicted to "the build".......my wife mentioned something like that recently as boxes have been showing up for her new truck...

Forgot to add - new Slee front Double cardan Driveshaft, and OEM Toyota rears - and both AGM batteries are new, plus brake pads all the way around...

Spare DS's will go with the truck plus some extra spares - including the 4 x4 labs rear cooler / can carrier on swing-out option (not shown)

E

Update - I've got a new OEM hood inbound that will be color matched by my shop along with a new OEM windshield - and a full fluid change.

I am moving the Baja Design lights over to the new project. Wiring and switch panel will remain - main bumper lights are replaced with a Baja replica. ARB rack and Awning are also being moved over to new project.

Price drop to $ 39,500

Forgot to mention - truck is now back in TEXAS.....

Hoping to have it in the shop after thanksgiving .... they've got the parts inbound ( hood, windshield and new gasket)

Any other questions please PM me.

Morning -

Yes still avail - haven't had time to get it into the shop for the hood yet...and they're now booked thru mid-jan... had them working on the new project instead.

I'll PM you my cell

Erich

Nice ! It may make the trip in Jan if I still have it... had a bit more interest recently.

Our 80 is back on the market..... we picked up a wagon for the pup as wife's DD and she needs a good loving home. She's at about 240k -ish ? fresh service, tire rotation and everything is running perfectly as you'd expect given the recent full overhaul. The Baja Design LP6's are back on her - BD was kind enough to warranty them with a fully new set that now have the DRL function.

Asking $ 38k - the truck is outside of Houston ,but happy to perhaps deliver as my travel schedule is crazy these days. East Coast is easy, as I'm in VA weekly.

PM me for more info, specific pics or to chat..... We don't need to sell her, but want to find her a good home - and hopefully a passionate mudder....

Erich

Last edited:
I have a few from this spring I'll dig up - I'm in VA for next week but can certainly get those next weekend, a reasonable ask !

It's super clean - ATL garage queen, then Texas with3-4 months in Baton Rouge in between...

I should be back in Houston Sat am - Tuesday afternoon should you want to check it out, happy to meet somewhere in the middle perhaps. Do you still have your 200 ? I kind of regret selling ours at time...

PM me your email and I can share a file of pics if you want.

Some recent pics for a few folks who asked - PM me with any questions, we've replaced both our DD's, so she's not getting much use other then a grocery run weekly..
She just had a tire rotation, oil change and new air filter and a new Heater/Ac fan installed. She's road ready to head to Alaska if you wanted...

IMG_20230612_164353771_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230612_164403320_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230612_164408633_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230612_164416421_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230612_164419443_HDR - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom