Horizontally Mounted Storage Cases (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a front runner slimline 2 rack and will be putting a clamshell RTT on the front part of it, I will have about 28” of space behind the tent that I would like to mount a cargo box (Roam/Pelican etc) and I can’t seem to find much info about if the mounting solutions they offer such as the roam case hard mounts or the pelican hard mounts allow for horizontal placement. All the pictures they show are the boxes mounted lengthwise along the vehicle. Does anyone have a setup like I’m describing and which cases (Preferably 85-105liters) are you able to hard mount?

I would call Equipt and talk to them. They sell a lot of Alubox cases and accessories, might have what you need. Their showcase vehicle is a 200.

This

The Eezi_Awn K9 mounts are what I use with Aluboxes on my trailer, just not on a Front Runner rack.

Eezi-Awns slats run front to back vs side to side on the FR racks so the bolt spacing may be off but there's a fair bit of flexibility in the slotted bolt holes. You can always span a couple of slats with some heavier gauge aluminum stock and make them work. You can lock the box to the mount with a simple padlock and it's easy to pull boxes off in camp.

IMG_7261_1400x.JPG

IMG_5782_1400x.jpg

Reactions: NTV
Just wanted to do a follow up incase someone else is looking to do a similar setup. I was able to fit an IKamper Skycamp Mini, and a horizontally mounted Roam 95L case behind it on my Front Runner Slimline 2 Rack. The IKamper Mini was able to be mounted using Ikamper's provided Mounts, and sit very flush and have no clearance issues. The Roam Rugged Mounts for the 95L case required a few modifications to work. First I had to Drill holes to allow for bolts to fit in the Channels of the Frontrunner rack, as the holes from the factory didnt line up in my use case. I then had to Use spacers (1.5" ABS Plumbing Couplings from Home Depot) to lift the mounts about 1.5" to allow the rugged mounts to accommodate the 95L case. The results look pretty good in my opinion, and allow me to fully utilize the space on my rack.
IMG_2435.jpg
IMG_2436.jpg
IMG_2441.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom