Home built bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wanting to build my own bumpers, front and back. Can yall give me some ideas of bumpers that not only look good but are usable as well? Pictures will be greatly appreciated.

FJ40? FJ60? 80? Anyway, here's a couple pics of my FJ60 rear bumper. I chopped my rear quarters off. Workin' on a tire carrier also, just need some time and it'll get done... And FYI, those shackle things are REALLY noisy. I've removed them...

FJ60_bbb_Nov2002_rear.jpg

FJ60_bbb_Nov2002_rearside.jpg

And the front. Though it's not exactly what I want (I'm a Bull Bar fan), but it's better than the stock bumper until I can figure out a bull bar...

pokin_out.jpg

Another view. Sorry, right now I don't have shots just of the bumper...

J60_BBB_SOA_MV1.jpg

Here is the rear bumper/tire carrier we made for my bro-in-laws cruiser.

look at my icon, me and some bros whipped it out in a day, if ya want a bigger pic just say so and ill post it......al

The shape of the bumper is personal preference but there are a few things often overlooked like pulling points and hi-lift jacking points. Also a tow bar mount, if desired, for the front and some people like the swing-away type carriers on the rear.

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=7557;start=msg63350#msg63350 date=1068872523]
look at my icon, me and some bros whipped it out in a day, if ya want a bigger pic just say so and ill post it......al
[/quote]

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Mate that is one ugly looking bumper :D :eek:........Dazz

Mixmaster... Do you have any close up shots of that rear bumper?

Here is a closer shot of it. I can go get some more pics if you want to see somewhere else closer up.

Please send some more photos. I'm looking to build one similar and am interested in the details.

I say give the farmer back his gate before his critters escape

Maybe the small photo doesn't do the bumper justice.

Lowtideride, send a larger photo so we can get up close an personal with your ride.

If you think lowtiderides' bumper is bad, check out what came on my pig when I bought it. And yes, it is now gone.

kjmeyer, I will go get some more pics in a few minutes.

Here is a pretty good shot of the rear. I bet it dropped 150lbs taking those damn things off.

A couple close up shots.

One more. The main bumper part is made out out 2x5x3/16 and then when it goes around the corner smaller it is 2x4x3/16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom