Home built bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty close. I could tell there was a little more height when they came off. I still have the bumpers, I am thinking I could score some cash by taking them to a metal recycler.

mixmaster, does the locking hubs have a function? Please explain the set-up.

The purpose of the locking hub is to lock it in place. When the hub is free the carrier swings, but when it is locked the carrier stays put.

[quote author=mixmaster link=board=1;threadid=7557;start=msg63529#msg63529 date=1068924766]
The purpose of the locking hub is to lock it in place. When the hub is free the carrier swings, but when it is locked the carrier stays put.
[/quote]

now that is awesome

MVC_125S.jpg

http://www.texas4x4.org/modules/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=albun02

link to all the pics

What do you want to know? My bro-in-law is way good at Auto-Cad so he can draw things up awesome and have measurements pretty right on. When it comes to the building part of it, just make sure to be precise on measurements and be able to weld good. We make our stuff look pretty good when we build things, we just put in a lot of time and effort to make it look good and perform flawlessly.

[quote author=mixmaster link=board=1;threadid=7557;start=msg63463#msg63463 date=1068914592]
If you think lowtiderides' bumper is bad, check out what came on my pig when I bought it. And yes, it is now gone.
[/quote]

I would have kept that beauty. moose bar! I love it !

owell man at least it doesnt look like everyone elses.....plus i like it so i dont care...al

[quote author=theferg link=board=1;threadid=7557;start=msg63692#msg63692 date=1068962646]
I'll sell it to ya... :D

-Ferg-
(on his way to mix's house...)
[/quote]

Too late...I have it packed up and on it's way already. :D

[quote author=mixmaster link=board=1;threadid=7557;start=msg63625#msg63625 date=1068951365]
What do you want to know? My bro-in-law is way good at Auto-Cad so he can draw things up awesome and have measurements pretty right on. When it comes to the building part of it, just make sure to be precise on measurements and be able to weld good. We make our stuff look pretty good when we build things, we just put in a lot of time and effort to make it look good and perform flawlessly.
[/quote]
So there is no latch other than the locking hub? Do you have any drawings etc of how that works with the hub?

I'd like to see more on the hub lock too. I am working on a rear bumper with swing out tire and cooler carrier, but wasn't sure of the best way for the latch. This looks pretty awesome.

There is a latch to hold it closed, the hub lock is mainly to hold it open when parked on an incline or something like that. The hub is basically a fully functioning hub, it just has the bell of the birfield cut off and the rest of the shaft is welded in there. I will get some more pics of the hub today. Here is a pic of the latch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom