Holiday Run Sunday 12.22.13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
When: Sunday 12.22.13

Meeting time: 8AM

Meeting place: Pinicale Peak & Pima gas station/store
http://goo.gl/maps/HB5xU

Exploring cabins and trails south of Bloody Basin. Trail altitude up to 4500'+ possibility of snow:santa: and mud:frown:

Difficultly level: Low - average

Plan on all day. Bring lunch

Last edited:
Ill be there with bells on

90% sure I'll try to be there (how's that for a commitment... lmao). But it's pretty early morn for my NW attitude.

Curious of the route to the trail? I'm west side, and if you're heading up I-17?

Last edited:
In, and will see you bright and early. Are you guys planning to go out Cave Creek, 7 springs and across to Bloody Basin? Is this an out-and-back?

90% sure I'll try to be there (how's that for a commitment... lmao). But it's pretty early morn for my NW attitude.

Curious of the route to the trail? I'm west side, and if you're heading up I-17?

Heading up Pima Rd from the meeting location

In, and will see you bright and early. Are you guys planning to go out Cave Creek, 7 springs and across to Bloody Basin? Is this an out-and-back?

Not 100% sure on the final exit strategy...could be FR41, back out, or I-17.

After some cabin visits THIS<link is the trails starting point

Picture one of the cabins we will be visiting

Come prepared
:santa:

IMG_6896.jpg

Trip Report:

Left meeting spot at 8:30
5 - FJ80
1 - FJC
1 - FJ62
Finish at I-17 & Bloody Basin in the dark

Mileage:
Total miles traveled ~130 miles
Dirt miles traveled ~75 miles

Highlights:
#1 Cabin - Stocked with food, beds, stove, reading material, and a lot of other interesting stuff
#2 Cabin - some walls and a couple fireplaces
#3 Cabin/ranch - 2 buildings and 2 hole outhouse. Very cool and very remote All windows and doors in tack. Equipped similar to #1
#4 Cabin - 2 buildings, 1 hole outhouse, and a perfect windmill. Again all doors and windows in tack but taken over by rodents.

Excellent weather
Max altitude ~5600'
LOTS of mud
Couple of wrong turns:eek:
Zero issue, drama, or damage
Great group of CSC members

Pictures to follow

The mud is very thick, took me about three hours under the truck to finally get most of it out of all the nooks and crannies.

Awesome day, lots of vistas with fantastic country, I have been wheeling back in Bloody Basin since 1975 and had never seen these cabins. The condition of three would be considered livable if you got caught out wheeling and needed some shelter.

Thanks to Heidi for the power rings and putting up with all of us. Phil, great trail and great job narrating the local history.

Can't wait for the next trip but I can do without the mud, thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom