Hj61 24v stereo with factory amp?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s my first post so go easy…

First up the car is 24v but the stereo is 12 v ran through a reducer in the engine bay.
Was attempting to get the rear speakers working today (not sure if they are factory but they are up on the gutter line in the back?) and I stumbled across another speaker in the rear on the passenger side. It looks to have a factory amp or something wired through it. Has anyone seen one of these before and know what it’s for?
PS I still can’t work out the rear speakers but it’s a fair rats nest of wiring behind the stereo. Couldn’t quite get the dash the whole way out to get full access though.
Anyone have any wisdom on what this part is? And also how to get the dash the whole way out??
Cheers

51451FEB-F7AD-4A41-8D6A-F49CD9DBABC8.jpeg

ED8B92C9-4464-4CCC-B00D-70DA00428E28.jpeg

I see no one has replied here. I recently ripped the stereo out of mine. I installed a small deep cycle battery and 24v-12v converter under my driver's seat. I added a separate fuse box and am running all of my new accessories from that box.

That being said I have not even looked to see if I have a woofer mount, that is most likely what you are looking at. I am about to swap all of my speakers though.

To get the dash out you have to disconnect the spedo input. Right behind the speedometer. Heads up it is a pain in the ass to get back on.
My head unit was a complete rats nest, I dont know how many times they tried to t off the ACC line, but it was way too many. Took an hour to sort through everything. Even still I managed to swap my front and rear speaker wires. God speed and don't hesitate to hit me up with any questions.

I see no one has replied here. I recently ripped the stereo out of mine. I installed a small deep cycle battery and 24v-12v converter under my driver's seat. I added a separate fuse box and am running all of my new accessories from that box.

That being said I have not even looked to see if I have a woofer mount, that is most likely what you are looking at. I am about to swap all of my speakers though.

To get the dash out you have to disconnect the spedo input. Right behind the speedometer. Heads up it is a pain in the ass to get back on.
My head unit was a complete rats nest, I dont know how many times they tried to t off the ACC line, but it was way too many. Took an hour to sort through everything. Even still I managed to swap my front and rear speaker wires. God speed and don't hesitate to hit me up with any questions.
Thanks for that

Have had some spare time and managed to get the dash out, found the rear speaker wires and and am about to solder the new stereo in.

I also managed to work out the power source for the amp using some of the original 24v wiring from the old stereo. Just wondering g if anyone knows which wire is the remote output to get the sun/speaker to work with the new 12v stereo? Or is this even possible?

Cheers

The HJ's have a small amp just for the subwoofer placed next to the subwoofer. It's not large enough to do much beyond the 5.5 factory speaker. Wiring to it is 24V and line voltage inputs (not speaker level inputs).

The OEM wiring for the head unit is interlaced with the wiring to a factory 24V to 12 converter located under the dash cap. It is weak but should be enough to power a new head unit if you aren't using the head's amplifier. The wiring is messy enough that I choose to bring in a new power source when I replaced the JDM radio.

JBL sells a 24V 60W 6 channel marine amplifier if you're upgrading your speakers.

Interesting thread, my rear subwoofer is the same.
I have the amp and there is power to it, but the sub has been removed for some reason. I'm guessing it was torn and making annoying noises.

My rear speakers still work, they don't run off the amp.

I'd love to put a new sub in but I've never been able to find one. I'm assuming they are all destroyed by now with age.

If you ever find one, or find one that would work with the little amp let me know!

20221031_095052.jpg

20221031_154501.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom