HJ60 suddenly died (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all,
have 2H diesel hj60,runs perfect till today.
drove it for 1 hr this morning,then when i went for a drive just before,it died like i ran out of fuel?
battery fine-
have all power-
it was trying to get going but it was like it was out of fuel,(fed it 20 more ltrs of fuel and primed it properly to no avail).
so im just curious in asking is there something i should just `go to` first?...pump or?
i got it onto a truck back home,hard to tow behind my mates cruiser being that without power steering its impossible to tow.
if it was a petrol,i would assuming a pump,but im not as on the ball with the 2H...appreciate any help.
thanks ahead.
jas.

I would have someone try and start the engine why you check if the edic motor is pushing a lever into start position. Its a rod hanging off the injector pump watch if it moves forward and stays there.

looked at the inlet hose,had a leak at the clamp area,(moved clamp to different area and bled it through the nipple) ,and it started and is fine now...thanks for the reply though mate.

feel like a goose though,could of fixed it on the road and saved me some $,o well....

I know you solved this already, but, mine wouldn't start one morning and it turned out that the temp probe up front on the motor broke off (more like disintegrated). That temp probe told the glow plugs to turn on if it was cold and thus would not. the engine spit white smoke but would not start till I shorted the nubs where the top of the probe used to be(that got me home). I never did find a replacement part. Now I start the plugs manually with a switch in the cab (saves them for a few extra glows).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom