deleted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you take a photo of this spring.. I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to and I'm pretty familiar with the 2H. There's no decompression lever, maybe you're referring to the Fuel Control Arm - and the spring is the EDIC Arm .. a solid rod? Alternatively, maybe you have a stop cable fitted and spring to assist return of the stop cable after operation? Either way, a photo would very much assist.

The "oil filter" you've cleaned is actually a centrifugal cleaner.

Ah yep.. spring to help the stop cable return. I have something similar on my HJ47.

As to tension, well the Fuel Control Arm needs to rest against the Fuel Screw. The Fuel Screw has a spring section built into it, if you pull back against the Fuel Screw it compresses the internal spring and puts the pump into Overfuel mode for starting. Judging by your photo it does appear to be pulled into the Overfuel position - are you producing more smoke than you expected. If you take off the spring and the stop cable you should see the Fuel Control Lever default into the RUN position.

This "overfuel" mode is really not required for starting - unless you live in Siberia or something - even then I'm not convinced its required.. this is one of the things you give up when you move to a Stop Cable.

1640466221698.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom