HJ gauge cluster (1 Viewer)

I am planning on filling the radio hole in my HJ47's dash with three aftermarket gauges.

The three I am considering are pyrometer, water temp and oil pressure.

Are there any others I should consider?

What temp and pressure ranges for the gauges would be appropriate for a 2H with a turbo?

Cheers,

John

69 FJ40
82 HJ47 ute with drop side tray

boost

GG,

Once the boost is (around 9 psi) the gauge will show that value unless something is messed up. Right?

I figured I would rather know the actual water temperature as opposed to if the boost was correct...

Am I missing something?

amaurer,

Thanks

so, I need the boost gauge to make sure that I am not exceeding the maximum boost (15?) at high revs?

and as a tool to obtain the optimum performance from my 2H?

Granite Grinder

IH8RUST
SILVER Star
Boost + fuel = High EGT's. I suppose if you set the boost to... say 9 pounds, and you know that to be correct, then you could just watch the pyrometer. If you want a bit more "get up and go" you will need to increase boost (maybe) definitely need to increase fuel. On my 2H, boost was set to 10 or 11 pounds, I had to add fuel. At first I didn't add fuel, EGT's were low, but so was the power. I gradually started adding fuel while keeping an eye on the pyro and tailpipe. You could start another thread about performance and turbo's, but do a search first, this subject has been beat to death.
GG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom