HJ gauge cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am planning on filling the radio hole in my HJ47's dash with three aftermarket gauges.

The three I am considering are pyrometer, water temp and oil pressure.

Are there any others I should consider?

What temp and pressure ranges for the gauges would be appropriate for a 2H with a turbo?

Cheers,

John

69 FJ40
82 HJ47 ute with drop side tray

No boost gauge?
GG

Pyro needs to go to 1800F, Water temp to ~280, and oil press to 100.

boost

GG,

Once the boost is (around 9 psi) the gauge will show that value unless something is messed up. Right?

I figured I would rather know the actual water temperature as opposed to if the boost was correct...

Am I missing something?

amaurer,

Thanks

so, I need the boost gauge to make sure that I am not exceeding the maximum boost (15?) at high revs?

and as a tool to obtain the optimum performance from my 2H?

Boost + fuel = High EGT's. I suppose if you set the boost to... say 9 pounds, and you know that to be correct, then you could just watch the pyrometer. If you want a bit more "get up and go" you will need to increase boost (maybe) definitely need to increase fuel. On my 2H, boost was set to 10 or 11 pounds, I had to add fuel. At first I didn't add fuel, EGT's were low, but so was the power. I gradually started adding fuel while keeping an eye on the pyro and tailpipe. You could start another thread about performance and turbo's, but do a search first, this subject has been beat to death.
GG

Oh ya, Tapage would chime in saying "there is no such thing as maximum boost". Some on here experiment with 20+ pounds.
GG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom