Hitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Being more descriptive usually results in better answers.

Oh, and searching usually helps too.

There are many vendors that sell hitches for FJ40s.

Being more descriptive usually results in better answers.

Oh, and searching usually helps too.

There are many vendors that sell hitches for FJ40s.

Wait, you mean the submit thread button isn't equivalent to the search button on google? I've been doing it wrong!

4X4 labs built mine
image-2453449356.jpg

I'd vote for Marks Off Road...
paintedhitch.jpg

Or stock...

I'd like to build one that doubles as a protection for the back edge of the Confer gas tank (possibly including a skid plate).

Last edited:
do you think it would handle a reciever mounted dirtbike hauler, and a bike? maybe 330 lbs. total.

cruisernerd said:
do you think it would handle a reciever mounted dirtbike hauler, and a bike? maybe 330 lbs. total.

I'd be more concerned with whether the cross bar can take that. I'd want it tied to the frame rails to hold a dirt bike. It might only weigh 330 lbs, but imagine what it'd weight when you hit a decent bump at 45

I think your much better off getting a rear bumper with a receiver that bolts into the bumperette captured nuts. It spreads out the weight.

I agree with the mounting of that type of a hitch being the problem. That cross member and rear supports are just not that heavy duty. 330 pounds is the dead weight, but the forces when moving and stopping are far greater. If your rear cross member and braces are truly rust free and as solid as day one I think you would be fine as long as you are not using any sort of drop hitch, but I could still prefer a frame mounted one.

Fj40 hitch?

Interesting that such a simple phrase can bring on a lot of pictures and conversation.
I pulled a hitch from a Mitsibushi and hoping to fit it to my 40 and tie it in to the frame. It came with the four bolt pattern as is on the rear of the 40.

Interesting that such a simple phrase can bring on a lot of pictures and conversation.
I pulled a hitch from a Mitsibushi and hoping to fit it to my 40 and tie it in to the frame. It came with the four bolt pattern as is on the rear of the 40.

What model and year Mitsubishi did you pull it from? Thanks

i am more worried about the end of frame

I went out and measured for myself... I got 3 1/2" x 1 3/4", so I'm sure it would.

For a "1994 Mitsubishi Montero".

For the Mitsubishi, Curt recomends strapping bikes... or it'll void the warranty. And not using it for equalizer hitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom