Hitch Mounted Grills (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I remember seeing something like this years ago and it just popped up again recently. After seeing it have been trying to decide between this or the webber Q, but like the option of not having to store the grill in the back of the truck. Not sure about using the hitch for the grill storage, but like how much bigger it is.
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 12.01.24 PM.png

I suspect those are probably a lot of $$. But if you have access to a welder, it would be a neat project to build a hitch attachment "stand" that could handle any number of things including the Weber if you already have it.
If ground clearance is not an issue, a cheap little hitch cargo rack would hold the Weber just fine (you may need to work something out to have it properly strapped down).

Best thing after a day of dirt roads is having the wonderful taste and texture of miles and miles of dust/dirt seasoning your bbq meat etc.

i.e. dumb idea :) Unless hermetically sealed

cheers,
george.

^ that is a very good point, although it can be mitigated somewhat by keeping the grate inside in a bag during transport (not a good idea to do that while camped if there are bears around) and cleaning up the grill a bit before use, not that hard. But, yes, having a separate little Weber you could keep in a sealed container during transport, which may also help with strapping, would be better.
The Q is pretty aerodynamic :) , you could also put it on a roof rack (but again, securing it would be critical)?

All good ideas haha. I did find a video of a guy going 600 miles with the grill and with the cover on didn't look like much dirt at all. Still deciding, but gonna pick one up soon I think. Update If I do.

Best thing after a day of dirt roads is having the wonderful taste and texture of miles and miles of dust/dirt seasoning your bbq meat etc.

i.e. dumb idea :) Unless hermetically sealed

cheers,
george.
That's why I only use Matchlight charcoal, to cover up that dirt taste with kerosene!

:lol:

All good ideas haha. I did find a video of a guy going 600 miles with the grill and with the cover on didn't look like much dirt at all. Still deciding, but gonna pick one up soon I think. Update If I do.

@alexcruz

I might have a NIB one stashed away in my storage. I am in Orange County in SoCal....

I will see if I can get to it and get you some pics in a few days or this coming weekend ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom