hit my 600 mile break in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle is awesome!

My 4Runner is seeing less and less drive time...

Kinda crazy, in the almost month I've had the vehicle, I have yet to see a single LC200! A few, literally, LX570s, and two LC100s. Usually when you get a new car, you start the see the same vehicle popup on every drive, parking lot, etc!

33s KO2s are great, husky cargo mat is great, already have my yeti strapped down in the back with the anchor points. Sorted out the mp3 Entune issue with low bit-rate and good to go there.

Just wish I could figure out how to scroll through the phone call log without having you use the touchscreen!

So far that thread on rock sliders (70+ posts) is keeping my forum attention :)

Congrats! Went down the same road as you and never looked back. My 14 trail premium was a great truck. But nothing like 200.

@pchLC are you running true 33x12.5, or 285/65 on your LC? If you are running another size please share info... trying to get as much information on which size to go with before buying tires.

@pchLC are you running true 33x12.5, or 285/65 on your LC? If you are running another size please share info... trying to get as much information on which size to go with before buying tires.

@afgman786 the tires are BFG 285.65.R18s. No rubbing in any situation yet (full lock, reverse, etc). They tend to run a hair smaller than some other manufacturers too. Have same tires on my 4Runner as well (285.70.R17).

Congrats on the initial break in miles. I used to see a few LC200's around along with the GX or LX as well, but since I got my LC200 last summer I almost never seen the LC or LX, mostly just the GX series and some I have seen have been beaten to hell and back.

I am at around 360 miles right now and also loving my new LC200. I have seen one on the road since I took delivery, but that's it. I have the same tires as you and also love them. I did the cargo light kit so far and just installed my FrontRunner drawers and got them organized. That's all of the mods I will do for now until summer. At that point, I will likely black out the trim and wheels (though still trying to decide). I am not going crazy with this rig and want to be very strategic about my build and my use of the vehicle.

I actually just downloaded the Entune app and trying to figure it all out - I'm not a techy person.

Regards, David

Very nice @finlayforprez. my kids want to always use the jump seats so no drawers anytime soon for me. miles will be coming fast with daily and how much i enjoy it (4runner still seeing limited time).

Drivetrain..amazing
Headlights..amazing
Fit n finish..amazing
Daily use..amazing

Stock storage options...meh! need to look into inserts for coolerbox. even the sunglass holder is shallow!

Anza borrego is calling with the upcoming desert superbloom!

Hello,

I am planning a couple smaller trips, but I generally do less miles. My 2013 Land Rover LR4 had 41,000 on it when I sold it last month. I agree with all your assessments below, including the lack of stock storage solutions. My rover had many more stock storage options, but I still had the drawers. These Front Runner drawers I installed are really nice and gives me some good storage.

That trip sounds amazing!!!

Very nice @finlayforprez. my kids want to always use the jump seats so no drawers anytime soon for me. miles will be coming fast with daily and how much i enjoy it (4runner still seeing limited time).
Drivetrain..amazing
Headlights..amazing
Fit n finish..amazing
Daily use..amazing
Stock storage options...meh! need to look into inserts for coolerbox. even the sunglass holder is shallow!
Anza borrego is calling with the upcoming desert superbloom!

Congrats! We just eclipsed a month in our 2019 LX 570 and 900 miles. My only major complaint so far is the lack of usable cup holders in the front seat. My Power Wagon had 16, yes I said 16, and eight of those were in the front seat, six of which were in the console area. We are loving the 33's as well, they definitely give the vehicle a meatier look which helps to tone down the wild and somewhat feminine front grill. Husky mats, rear cargo light, Weathertech sunshade, and the tires are all we have done and likely are all we are going to do for a while unless I decide to tint the front windows.

I feel like I use our 4Runner even more now that we have the 200 as I feel like I can "use" it more as intended and not care as much about wear and tear/mileage on it while I keep the LX a little more pampered. We've decided to continue to build out the 4Runner and make it our main camping and off-road rig for the foreseeable future. In a couple of years I'll likely build up the LX and/or pick up a late model LC to build out as well.

There's no argument about the 200 being all-around a much more sturdy rig. Fingers crossed some of the vendors come out with with a full flat rack and bumpers specifically for the 2016+ LX so that I can do a proper build with it. If not, it'll likely stay the way it is and simply be a work and weekend run about rig for the misses.

Wow - 16 cup holders, that's amazing! I have seen the Power Wagons and I can believe it! I almost went the truck route this time around, but decided I wanted a cargo area instead of a truck bed. I have a Dodge Ram 1500 for truck-related needs, so I did not want another truck in the garage. I actually struggled a bit between the LC and LX, but in the end I just did not care for the front end of the LX (no offense at all!!!) and I actually preferred the interior of the LC. The LX is BEAUTIFUL inside and so nice, but I am just not a technology/gadget kind of guy and it was too much for me. Plus, getting rid of my Land Rover, I wanted something that blended in a bit more with the crowd. I actually like that some people just see it as a regular old Toyota. :) For now, I need to resist putting steel bumper on it and building it up like I did my Land Rover. For my needs right now, the BFGs hit the spot and that's all I need. I am planning to black out the chrome trim and wheels this summer, that's about it.

My buddy from FL finally took delivery of my Land Rover this past Saturday and is currently driving it back to FL. I was sad to see it go, but it's going to a good home, and I needed to simplify things a bit. Next up is my Harley!

This was a video I shot on Saturday as my rover left my driveway for the last time:

Congrats! We just eclipsed a month in our 2019 LX 570 and 900 miles. My only major complaint so far is the lack of usable cup holders in the front seat. My Power Wagon had 16, yes I said 16, and eight of those were in the front seat, six of which were in the console area. We are loving the 33's as well, they definitely give the vehicle a meatier look which helps to tone down the wild and somewhat feminine front grill. Husky mats, rear cargo light, Weathertech sunshade, and the tires are all we have done and likely are all we are going to do for a while unless I decide to tint the front windows.
I feel like I use our 4Runner even more now that we have the 200 as I feel like I can "use" it more as intended and not care as much about wear and tear/mileage on it while I keep the LX a little more pampered. We've decided to continue to build out the 4Runner and make it our main camping and off-road rig for the foreseeable future. In a couple of years I'll likely build up the LX and/or pick up a late model LC to build out as well.
There's no argument about the 200 being all-around a much more sturdy rig. Fingers crossed some of the vendors come out with with a full flat rack and bumpers specifically for the 2016+ LX so that I can do a proper build with it. If not, it'll likely stay the way it is and simply be a work and weekend run about rig for the misses.

Here is a photo from this weekend when I picked up my friend in CT and drove on some dirt/muddy roads:

Also a photo of the Front Runner drawers right after the install:

Man your LR was nicely modified, your buddy should be very happy with that rig. Those Frontrunner drawers look great, I almost pulled the trigger on a set for the 4Runner but ended up going with Goose-Gear because I wanted the sleep system as well.

No offense taken in regards to the front end of the LX, I agree with you. I preferred the Land Cruiser myself for the more subdued looks and the readily available bumper and rack options, but in the end I left the decision up to my other half since she will be the one driving it to work for a few years. She couldn't get over how nicely appointed the interior was in the LX in comparison and the headlights were better than those in the LC and that was a big selling point for her as well since she drives to work well before the sun is up everyday. In the end she is extremely happy and I have a new 200 in the garage so I can't complain. We love the AHC and in it's current form I couldn't imagine not having it, it saves me from having to purchase a costly lift kit as well.

Like yourself, I need to hold off on getting crazy with this build for the time being, but I know myself and it will be a struggle lol. Eventually it will have to get a front bumper because I always feel so naked and unprepared without a winch. The Slee sliders have been ordered but lord knows when they will actually be available lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom