Highway 4-Slickrock and Deer Valley trails open? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cc93cruiser

CRUZAHEAD
Threads
Does anyone on here know if the trails off highway 4 are open at the moment? That is Slickrock and Deer Valley trails.. If so, any input on condition of trails at the moment, snow etc...? About to head up there either Tuesday morning or Wednesday...We have 3 80's at the moment.. Anyone else is welcomed....LMK

Im curious about this too!
Im betting it will be pretty muddy and the rivers will be pretty high.
Post up how it is. Cant wait to get back in there.

Chicago

Will do....Even with snow on the trail, from what I hear is that the trail is pretty mild, except for a couple obstacles.. Even with snow on trail I think our locked 80's with 35's, low gearing, winch's, fr & rr bumpers/sliders should be alright...

My guess would be no.
They might be open but prolly not passable.

Again thats a guess.

Sounds like fun , good luck.

ken

Thanks for all the input guys! I am getting together with my bud and pops and talk it over..Most likely opt for a different trail...Hmmmm, maybe death valley sounds good, we'll see.. thanks for the input.

I know for a fact Death Valley is open ;) Maybe an early trip through Deer Valley in mid/late May?

Dylan

Yep, even Hunter Mountain is open, so this is an excellent time to visit DV. There is so much to see there, a week would not be too long.

When we were there, grade from Swansea to Cerro Gordo is NOT passable, but everything else was good.

If you go to Death Valley, I'll be happy to let you know the high lights. Like I said in the PM, it seems early to go through Slick Rock or Deer Valley.

I know for a fact Death Valley is open ;) Maybe an early trip through Deer Valley in mid/late May?

Dylan

Middle of may would be great.. I have some more time off around that time.. We should plan out a run around that time, I'll post up a couple weeks before. Slickrock, Deer valley mid May, fellow Nor-Calers, keep in mind!

Yep, even Hunter Mountain is open, so this is an excellent time to visit DV. There is so much to see there, a week would not be too long.

When we were there, grade from Swansea to Cerro Gordo is NOT passable, but everything else was good.

If you go to Death Valley, I'll be happy to let you know the high lights. Like I said in the PM, it seems early to go through Slick Rock or Deer Valley.

Andy, thanks for the help! I will let you know if we decide if it is death valley where we are going. I'll take any advice and trail suggestions..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom