Highlandcruzer's FJ40 Un-restore......and Re-restore/slow build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OMG Greg! I really wish you hadn't shown me that!

You don't know how much work I put into converting the pink Barbie heep! :lol:

I plastic primered and painted each individual part before assembly, and then liquid nailed an authentic 1978 Land Cruiser emblem to the hood! It took me, like, six or seven hours. [Beer breaks;)]

Thanks. :mad: Now I've gotta buy one of those and color match it to my 40! :lol:.............

[Link?]

Last edited:
Cool!

That thing looks way more "capable" than her pseudo-Cruiser. :doh:

I'll buy that and start a separate build thread for Isabelle.:grinpimp:

Her Cruiser needs work too....needs lockers, better tires, the hood latches are upside down, it has heep tail lights, the turn signals are wrong.......... :D

She does have some experience wheeling though...........:cool:

View attachment 220939

Fusion? I have a similar project underway! :D

Last edited:
AWESOME 40, and so good to see its still used for what its intended and still shows oh so nice. Hey you might wanna check out member CIRBO's build thread, i think in the 40/55 section. Hes in Charlotte NC and just built a cage but is wanting to sell and redo. Just a thought......keep on wheelin; er uh wrenching :clap:

heres the thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/213110-77-fj40-buildup-charlotte-finally.html

Sorry, I've been a little preoccupied. Thanks for the heads up, jfz, and for the compliments!:beer:

I did check it out. I'm not a huge fan of the design either, so I wouldn't have been willing to invest much in it. It would only be a temporary safety feature for me. Again, I'm pretty set on the MT cage. Which leads me to my next post................

I got a new-to-me roll cage today. 50 bucks! THANK YOU Jackbrad!!

The cage was in Charlotte. I was prepared to drive down and get it if I had to. I had to have a real cage to hold me until I had the cash for a MT. Miraculously for me..... I contacted Jack about it last night, and it just happened that he was going on a business trip today, coming within 30 miles of my house. So he brought it with him. :clap:

No more factory roll bar. Now I can go back to wheeling..in relative safety.:grinpimp:

Install coming soon....

newcage 001.jpg

newcage 002.jpg
newcage 001.jpg
newcage 002.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to grab that, but was told it won't work w/ the later doors. I see Scott you're running a soft top, so souldn't be an issue. Great buy, and glad it worked out for the both of you. He's been trying to get rid of that thing for a while now.

R

I asked about the door issue, because I was curious, and he told me that he wasn't so sure that it wouldn't work with the later hard doors. ?

It doesn't really make much difference to me, I have the early hard doors anyway, and will probably run topless up until late fall from here on out. Plus, once I get the OEM style soft top, I'm not too sure I'll bother with the hard top much. :cool:

I'm very happy to get it! I was worried about making the GSMTR in May, and some other summer rides I'm planning, without a cage.

I got the cage set in.I sanded some rough spots, and put a fresh coat of paint on it.

I started cleaning things up in the tub a little.........One thing led to another, and now I'm contemplating a paint job.:doh:

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg
cage1.jpg
cage2.jpg
cage3.jpg

Looks great and love the plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom