high temp guage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have been searching for an answer..... During normal operation , driving down the road, I looked at my temp guage, and it was spiked to H.

I freaked out, pulled over and started checking . Got back in drove down the road, and noticed that the temp guage and the fuel guage were both spiked, and have now noticed it sporadically.

What is the problem, and what is the fix?

EXACT same thing was happening to me when I got my HJ60. Oddly when we did the bodywork including replacing the front fenders it stopped and hasn't occured in nearly 3 years now. I can only conclude that it was a bad ground somewhere and we inadvertently repaired it when the fenders were replaced. HTH.:cheers:

somebody at cruiserparts.net told me that I had to remove the dash panel and clean the contacts for the temp guage and fuel guage.:confused:

unless they share a common contact or ground inside the dash, I would say no. Keeping in mind that my rig did exactly the same thing yours is doing, and the fact that both temp and fuel guages spike at the same time, I still think it has to be a common ground issue. Just my $.02.

:shotts:

yeah mine does it occasionally as well. Both fuel and temp will spike up kind of fast and then drop right back down. Has scared the crap out of me a few times, but when I see it drop right back down I know everything is all right...I'm not going to do anything about it unless it gets really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom