High strength epoxy for trailer skins? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hotrodseats.com
I know that Mercedes and a few other high end car mfgs. are now using epoxy to hold on alot of the high strength steel body seams together. It guards against any worpage and changing of the metal strength due to heat. Has anybody had any experience with epoxy for that kind of application? While I am more prone to welding I was wondering if it would be a viable option for trailer skin, to frame work? :confused:

Thanks KOWBOY! Ive got my fingers in a bunch of proto type applications, I am sure that there are some good matchs for some of these epoxys. Especially on the high strength, thin metal skins that are never supposed to be subjected to the heat of any type of weld. Thanks again. Bob

I know that Mercedes and a few other high end car mfgs. are now using epoxy to hold on alot of the high strength steel body seams together. It guards against any worpage and changing of the metal strength due to heat. Has anybody had any experience with epoxy for that kind of application? While I am more prone to welding I was wondering if it would be a viable option for trailer skin, to frame work? :confused:

Thanks KOWBOY! Ive got my fingers in a bunch of proto type applications, I am sure that there are some good matchs for some of these epoxys. Especially on the high strength, thin metal skins that are never supposed to be subjected to the heat of any type of weld. Thanks again. Bob

You sir have a PM.

We can discuss.

Something else to consider is the 3M VHB tape. In a clean room environment the stuff stays put for sure, the new semi-trailers are being held together with this stuff verses rivets. Just a thought, crazy stuff. I couldn't do it... just seemed to space-age like :hill:

. I couldn't do it... just seemed to space-age like :hill:

I Know? It is a hard sell. Telling someone that their extreme off road vehicle is glued together just wont fly... So how do you sell someone on new methods of fabrication? Guess I will have to glue one together and see if I can destroy it. :bounce::bounce2::bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom