high oil pressure reading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

uhh high oil pressure :)

got no idea, but i was told once by a toyota mechanic that anywhere below H is alright, as long as it's above the first line.

seriously, could be oil thickness, poor filter flow, blockages, anyone else want to take a stab?

what oil weight you running dazz???

looks like telangi may have to wait, i gotta rebuild the diff in my fj.

Did it go high right after your AXT install? ??? When I did my AXT install the oil pressure did not change at all. Was the turbo installed by you or by a shop?
Is it possible that the oil feed tube (the one that feeds oil to the turbo as well as carrying the oil pressure sensor now. Down low on the right side of the engine near the motor mount) that threads into the hole where the oil pressure sensor was is too far in and blocking the oil flow :doh:? I can't think of any other reason if it happened right away after your install. :cheers:

Thank guys
The turbo was installed by AXT themselves it is still running of the original sender but cruiser_guy something you said has got me thinking. About the same time as the turbo was installed i fitted a new sender as the old one was leaking, is it possible i screwed it in to far :-[............Dazz

How's your sender intalled now? My AXT kit came with a hollow hexagonal pipe that fits in the oil pressure sender hole and the turbo oil supply and the pressure sender screw into that pipe, one in the middle and one at the end. Does that match your setup?
Out here in Canada the AXT turbo is a DIY kit! Mine works great after a few mods I did to make the water line clear my valve cover so that I can check and adjust valves without removing the turbo and still keep the oil lines nearly vertical (mine are within 5 degrees of vertical, while others I've seen are nearly 30 degrees off).

cruiser_guy
The oe sender has been untouched the second sender is fitted further up front. What does that second sender do, today while i was playing under the bonnet today and while the engine was running i removed the wire from the second sender and it cut the engine?.........Dazz

i know the H has a cutoff switch that stops the injector pump when oil pressure is too low,

There are two senders as you describe and, as bad_religion_au says the one up front (smaller one with a spade connector) cuts the fuel if you have no oil pressure (basically a safety switch). The one that sends to the oil pressure guage is the one that is about 2" dia. and 1" deep located further back.
You say that the sender sensor (bigger one) is in it's original OEM location? Where did AXT take the oil supply for the turbo from? It needs to come from a high pressure source somewhere and run to the top of the bearing section. That sensor is where I had interpreted that AXT wanted the oil supply taken from and where I've taken mine from. Return is back to the return line from the vacuum pump.
I'm not sure on the oil path within the engine but I suppose it is possible that you could thread the safety switch in too far and block things off. Did you use a thread sealing tape? Maybe some of that is hanging in the oil gallery?

Thanks very much Guys for your help, I think I'm a little out of my depth with this problem. I have arranged for AXT to have a look at it when they do there 1000km service and check on the turbo...........Dazz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom