Wanted HF2A (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a hf2a transfer case for my 1991 any help would be greatly appreciated it is my daily driver.

does it have to be specific to the A440F trans?
I've got one, in MT, from a 93 which had the next version of the trans.

From what I found out the 1991 and 1992 share the same transfer case if I'm mistaken. The 1993-97 is a different unit

From what I found out the 1991 and 1992 share the same transfer case if I'm mistaken. The 1993-97 is a different unit
It will bolt up but you'd need a new rear driveshaft.

Not correct. The 91-92 does not have the vicious coupler
Did you read what I said? It will bolt up but you need to swap the rear driveshaft. Because the 91/92 TC does not have the viscous coupler it is shorter and will require a shorter driveshaft if you use a 93-97 with the Viscious Coupler because the TC is longer. I know because I'm running this set up.

In addition to shorter driveshaft, exhaust would need modification I believe. If I recall, exhaust runs across the back of the t-case in the 91-92. Longer 93-97 with VC would foul stock exhaust.

In addition to shorter driveshaft, exhaust would need modification I believe. If I recall, exhaust runs across the back of the t-case in the 91-92. Longer 93-97 with VC would foul stock exhaust.
I think you are right. My application doesn't have stock exhaust.

Did you read what I said? It will bolt up but you need to swap the rear driveshaft. Because the 91/92 TC does not have the viscous coupler it is shorter and will require a shorter driveshaft if you use a 93-97 with the Viscious Coupler because the TC is longer. I know because I'm running this set up.
Not really

This one will work. You would need to swap the center diff actuator from your existing to it however.

D

Did you ever find one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom