Help with this on the windscreen please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone please tell me what this is on the passenger side of 200 series. Is if the nav system or am/fm antenna thanks
image.jpg

No idea, looks like a peel-and-stick aftermarket device. Maybe the antenna for a remote start system?

Does the box have a wire running into the A-pillar?

Paging @VooDoo2 as a member from that continent

Looks to be a stick-on antenna of some sort and not embedded into the glass. You can barely make out the edge of the sticker. Most likely aftermarket. Agree with KLF.

Is the nav system original Toyota or aftermarket?

Nav system is original Toyota
I doubt Toyota would install something like that for the original Nav. Not sure about your market but here in the US the GPS antenna is in a small shark fin at the rear of the roof.

My Australian LC200 has that exact same antenna - bought the car new, so this is definitely Toyota-standard.

I always thought it was either the GPS or the Digital Audio antenna... not sure which...?

My Australian LC200 has that exact same antenna - bought the car new, so this is definitely Toyota-standard.

I always thought it was either the GPS or the Digital Audio antenna... not sure which...?
Thankyou 👍🏼

Hi Todd,

I have a RIGID Adapt light bar and the GPS antenna looks like that (to adjust the light pattern depending on vehicle speed)—except mine is on the passenger side exterior front roof edge.

Do you have aftermarket lights or anything that would require a GPS sensor?

I’m curious as well.

Last edited:
I doubt Toyota would install something like that for the original Nav. Not sure about your market but here in the US the GPS antenna is in a small shark fin at the rear of the roof.
It was my understanding that the shark fin was only for the Sirius audio stuff and probably for the Toyota Connect SOS thing, neither of which I have any use for. I've always wanted to disconnect it and see if the Nav still worked.

My Miata has a shark fin on the trunk for the Sirius in the head unit, but no Nav. Not that it really means anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom