Help - Storage options for LC 200 with third row seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes just one drawer works fine. The exposed side will be unfinished steel, but it would be easy to stick some carpeting to it, any decent audio or interior shop that does custom work could do it.

Just call Slee. They are very helpful on the phone, that's where I got mine. Lots of threads here on how to install them.

I absolutely love my drawers. I'm in them at least 5 or 6 times a day.

Call Slee. You want the 41” drawer (with or without rolling top), and the side fit kit for your vehicle.

That’s all there is to it.

Slee will know exactly what you’re talking about as those are the drawers he sells very routinely.

Forget ARBs confusing web site.

Here is @sleeoffroad ’s page with the drawers. Their number is on the left:

Slee - SUV Storage Drawer System Details
Perfect . Thanks for the advice

Can you post a pic or 2 of what this looks like? I’m curious what the side of the drawer looks like in the center of the 3rd row, does it look unfinished with just the 1 or is it all nicely carpeting all around? 1 passenger side with the roll top is what I’m thinking would be a good fit for me.
Here you go.

I'll be using the third row (solo) this weekend, so I really like the flexibility.

9F1DFE77-AC9A-4023-B039-9D11568DE374.jpeg

C9E79F94-9400-4DC9-9A39-1846BF23A030.jpeg

E9C386B1-14A6-49B6-93DB-B42F03149015.jpeg

I posted elsewhere on a similar thread ARB sells a carpet kit. You could then cover the exposed sides to match...

Well ARB sounds like the way to go most likely for the single drawer. Although, as we all love having as many options as possible i had reached out to Fourby Fitouts in Australia and got a response today I thought I'd share with @Snobum72 and the rest of you. Currently, they have no US importer. I told them to reach out to @reevesci to see if this is a product line he'd have any interest in importing. I do really like the variety of options they make, full drawers, half drawers, drawers with 1 or both of the 3rd row seats still in, and this really interesting product they call the "double-stack" which has a full cage structure with storage all the way up to the roof. Supposedly it requires no drilling and you can just put in and take out the whole structure. Anyways, I reached out to them about the single 3rd row seat in, half drawer option...which was not on their website. Below is the response i got along with pics and pricing and shipping to Phoenix AZ (AUD). The shipping cost is what kills it ($850 US). Interesting at the very least, would be awesome if they had an importer i think they potentially would sell very well here.

In regards to your requirements –
We actually have a storage system for the 200 Series that’s what we call “the ½ Unit” (It’s not on our website – see attached photos)

Basically it’s a ½ False Floor (which bolts to the floor of your vehicle), a 980mm long Drawer with Side Bins, and a Side Board.
This Unit still allows for the passenger side third row seat to remain in the vehicle and be used as normal while the Unit is installed. See photos attached

You can also bolt down your own Fridge Slide on top of our Drawer (maximum width of 510mm)
Unfortunately the ARB 60 Ltr will be too big to fit on top of our Drawer… You will need to look at the ARB 47 Ltr, or a fridge of similar dimensions

Your Quote:
The ½ Unit = AUD $1760.00 (Includes Boxing and Packaging, and a DIY Installation Kit)
Plus Shipping costs = AUD $1150.00 to Pheonix AZ 85018 (USA)

TOTAL: AUD $3860.00
Delivered to your door

**Our Freight company tells me that you shouldn’t need to pay any tax at US customs, as they are deemed as car parts. ($0.00 tax required)

------------------
The DIY Installation Kit includes:
- A full nut/bolt/washer kit
- Comprehensive step by step fitting instructions with pictures
- No special tools
- No drilling of your vehicle required: we use all pre-existing bolt holes

- We are just a phone call away if any help is needed
------------------

As with all of our Systems, the ½ Unit is 100% Aussie Made, Modular, Removable, and comes with a 3 Year Warranty!

This means, you can remove parts or all of the System as you wish – returning your 200 Series back to its original state, without any damage.

here is the link to the "double-stack" i mentioned above.

4WD Storage Solutions - 4x4 Roller drawers - 4x4 Fridge Slides

IMG_0811 lr.jpg

IMG_0817 lr.jpg

IMG_0745 lr.jpg

IMG_0816 lr.jpg

IMG_0814 lr.jpg

Well ARB sounds like the way to go most likely for the single drawer. Although, as we all love having as many options as possible i had reached out to Fourby Fitouts in Australia and got a response today I thought I'd share with @Snobum72 and the rest of you. Currently, they have no US importer. I told them to reach out to @reevesci to see if this is a product line he'd have any interest in importing. I do really like the variety of options they make, full drawers, half drawers, drawers with 1 or both of the 3rd row seats still in, and this really interesting product they call the "double-stack" which has a full cage structure with storage all the way up to the roof. Supposedly it requires no drilling and you can just put in and take out the whole structure. Anyways, I reached out to them about the single 3rd row seat in, half drawer option...which was not on their website. Below is the response i got along with pics and pricing and shipping to Phoenix AZ (AUD). The shipping cost is what kills it ($850 US). Interesting at the very least, would be awesome if they had an importer i think they potentially would sell very well here.

In regards to your requirements –
We actually have a storage system for the 200 Series that’s what we call “the ½ Unit” (It’s not on our website – see attached photos)

Basically it’s a ½ False Floor (which bolts to the floor of your vehicle), a 980mm long Drawer with Side Bins, and a Side Board.
This Unit still allows for the passenger side third row seat to remain in the vehicle and be used as normal while the Unit is installed. See photos attached

You can also bolt down your own Fridge Slide on top of our Drawer (maximum width of 510mm)
Unfortunately the ARB 60 Ltr will be too big to fit on top of our Drawer… You will need to look at the ARB 47 Ltr, or a fridge of similar dimensions

Your Quote:
The ½ Unit = AUD $1760.00 (Includes Boxing and Packaging, and a DIY Installation Kit)
Plus Shipping costs = AUD $1150.00 to Pheonix AZ 85018 (USA)

TOTAL: AUD $3860.00
Delivered to your door

**Our Freight company tells me that you shouldn’t need to pay any tax at US customs, as they are deemed as car parts. ($0.00 tax required)

------------------
The DIY Installation Kit includes:
- A full nut/bolt/washer kit
- Comprehensive step by step fitting instructions with pictures
- No special tools
- No drilling of your vehicle required: we use all pre-existing bolt holes
- We are just a phone call away if any help is needed
------------------

As with all of our Systems, the ½ Unit is 100% Aussie Made, Modular, Removable, and comes with a 3 Year Warranty!

This means, you can remove parts or all of the System as you wish – returning your 200 Series back to its original state, without any damage.

here is the link to the "double-stack" i mentioned above.

4WD Storage Solutions - 4x4 Roller drawers - 4x4 Fridge Slides

View attachment 1736129

View attachment 1736130

View attachment 1736131

View attachment 1736132

View attachment 1736133

A few things here............

1) by those pics it looks like the system hits/touches the cargo panels... A HUGE NO-NO in my book. Squeaks and damage to your rig.

2) Looking at the roller bearings and the assembly.... A Chinese re-badge at best..

3) For the price... buy from David @TrekboxX USA made from one of the best custom carpenters I know! I guarantee the quality to price ratio will be exceeded 10 fold by David's drawers... @indycole and a few other 200 owners here can vouch for him and my comments.

NOT INTERESTED, but thanks for the plug.

Jason

A few things here............

1) by those pics it looks like the system hits/touches the cargo panels... A HUGE NO-NO in my book. Squeaks and damage to your rig.

2) Looking at the roller bearings and the assembly.... A Chinese re-badge at best..

3) For the price... buy from David @TrekboxX USA made from one of the best custom carpenters I know! I guarantee the quality to price ratio will be exceeded 10 fold by David's drawers... @indycole and a few other 200 owners here can vouch for him and my comments.

NOT INTERESTED, but thanks for the plug.

Jason
Thanks Jason, I knew your expert eye would spot something I missed. I’ll reach out to @TrekboxX i appreciate it

Can you get by with just half of the third row? If so, you can install an ARB drawer, or even two of them stacked...and still keep/use one third row seat.

I considered stacking two ARBs while running one of the third row seats. However, after eyeballing it and taking some measurements, I think the top stacked drawer would be very unforgiving to the rear most passenger's head during a collision or rollover. A fridge mounted on top of the drawer would pose the same problem.

Thanks Jason, I knew your expert eye would spot something I missed. I’ll reach out to @TrekboxX i appreciate it
Thanks DPA 200 - I would love to see someone here in the USA build something modular for those of us whom can't remove the third row seats.
Would suspect this would be successful here in the States.
Please keep me in the loop as I would be very interested.

In the interim - bought some FrontRunner wolf packs for my roof rack - should patch me along until I get the rear space figured out.
Cheers!

Thanks DPA 200 - I would love to see someone here in the USA build something modular for those of us whom can't remove the third row seats.
Would suspect this would be successful here in the States.
Please keep me in the loop as I would be very interested.

In the interim - bought some FrontRunner wolf packs for my roof rack - should patch me along until I get the rear space figured out.
Cheers!
I just bought a few wolf packs myself last week, that’s my temporary solution as well. They are a good bang for your buck and I like the size vs the larger Plano tub I used to lug around

I ended up building my own. I wanted to make use of both seats and could not find any storage boxes the exact size. I designed it to open from top or back. Added some tracks to secure stuff on top and latches to secure/lift out when I don't need the recovery/extra gear.

IMG_2278.JPG

I ended up building my own. I wanted to make use of both seats and could not find any storage boxes the exact size. I designed it to open from top or back. Added some tracks to secure stuff on top and latches to secure/lift out when I don't need the recovery/extra gear.

View attachment 1736607

Can we see picture opened up fully? What are the overall outside dimensions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom