Help - Storage options for LC 200 with third row seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for removable interior storage suggestions for a 200 series.
I am limited by the inability to remove my third row seats (4 kiddos and wife).
We only get out a couple of times a year and its typically just 2-3 of us...

I have reviewed some great threads regarding DIY storage units, but little to none have a retained third row.
Found a perfect set-up for our situation, but the shipping expenses make this cost prohibitive.

Storage Solution Toyota Land Cruiser - T200 4x4 Storage - Fourby Fitouts

Suggestions??

I use the BRO Seat back on my 2nd row single seat. Works great, one of these days I’ll probably get a 2nd one. I’ll also probably get the ceiling one for hunting season.

Yes- BRO has some excellent gear (I have couple items), but need something along the lines of storage drawers.
Thanks.

Where would you put drawers when third row is in use?? No room back there...

??

Seems to me that the roof is the only spot that offers serious volume...

A hitch mounted cargo rack is an option. depending on what type of trip you are taking.
I hauled 4 adults and 2 kids in carseats to California from Arizona. used the cargo basket with a truck bed tool box bolted down for secure / weatherproof storage.
worked out pretty good. also was nice to keep all the sandy towels/toys/shoes out of the truck.

Where would you put drawers when third row is in use?? No room back there...

??

Seems to me that the roof is the only spot that offers serious volume...
I'm looking for something modular - removable when I need the third row. The link in my original post has a link to a modular unit with the third row intact (just not usable). Typically, I take 2-3 kids so I don't need that third row except for day-day activities.

I'm looking for something modular - removable when I need the third row. The link in my original post has a link to a modular unit with the third row intact (just not usable). Typically, I take 2-3 kids so I don't need that third row except for day-day activities.

Can you get by with just half of the third row? If so, you can install an ARB drawer, or even two of them stacked...and still keep/use one third row seat.

Can you get by with just half of the third row? If so, you can install an ARB drawer, or even two of them stacked...and still keep/use one third row seat.
That is a good idea and might work.
Hard to find install info on the ARB site - how are yours anchored? turn-buckle -vs- bolted to metal floor?
Thanks for the suggestion.

That is a good idea and might work.
Hard to find install info on the ARB site - how are yours anchored? turn-buckle -vs- bolted to metal floor?
Thanks for the suggestion.

It’s not a “might work” thing.

It works and has been done by several here.

Keep it simple: get a few of the black bins with yellow lids from Lowe’s, HD or Costco. Rubbermaid and Plano have good options too.

It’s not a “might work” thing.

It works and has been done by several here.
Can you order just one half drawer from ARB.? I have 1 of the seats removed. I currently have to keep 1 of the 2 third row seats still installed for the couple times a year I have family in town. So this sounds like exactly what I’d need. I heard the KISS drawers made a half drawer for 80 series but nothing yet for 200. Anyways where can I get more details on this half ARB option, or who can I ask who has done this?

Can you order just one half drawer from ARB.? I have 1 of the seats removed. I currently have to keep 1 of the 2 third row seats still installed for the couple times a year I have family in town. So this sounds like exactly what I’d need. I heard the KISS drawers made a half drawer for 80 series but nothing yet for 200. Anyways where can I get more details on this half ARB option, or who can I ask who has done this?

ARB drawers are always sold individually.

You simply order one drawer instead of two...and the side fit kit for your vehicle.
I’d highly recommend getting the roll-top version. This will let you slide the top surface out for easy packing...and also easy access to the deep part of the drawer.

I bought mine through Slee Off-road.
Give them a call...

Yep, I just did the passenger side of the ARB drawers (others have as well, DS or PS - your choice as there is no real benefit of one side or the other). I didn’t do a double stack vertically but certainly could be done.

I bought mine at Slee here in CO but perhaps others might recommend a local shop for you? Otherwise the drive to Golden is full a fun detours ;)

ARB drawers are always sold individually.

You simply order one drawer instead of two...and the side fit kit for your vehicle.
I’d highly recommend getting the roll-top version. This will let you slide the top surface out for easy packing...and also easy access to the deep part of the drawer.

I bought mine through Slee Off-road.
Give them a call...
Don’t suppose you have item/part numbers for the configuration you mentioned? I tried to find on ARB site but they have a bunch of different lengths and widths. If it’s too much of a pain to find I can just call Slee.

Yep, I just did the passenger side of the ARB drawers (others have as well, DS or PS - your choice as there is no real benefit of one side or the other). I didn’t do a double stack vertically but certainly could be done.

I bought mine at Slee here in CO but perhaps others might recommend a local shop for you? Otherwise the drive to Golden is full a fun detours ;)
Can you post a pic or 2 of what this looks like? I’m curious what the side of the drawer looks like in the center of the 3rd row, does it look unfinished with just the 1 or is it all nicely carpeting all around? 1 passenger side with the roll top is what I’m thinking would be a good fit for me.

Don’t suppose you have item/part numbers for the configuration you mentioned? I tried to find on ARB site but they have a bunch of different lengths and widths. If it’s too much of a pain to find I can just call Slee.

Call Slee. You want the 41” drawer (with or without rolling top), and the side fit kit for your vehicle.

That’s all there is to it.

Slee will know exactly what you’re talking about as those are the drawers he sells very routinely.

Forget ARBs confusing web site.

Here is @sleeoffroad ’s page with the drawers. Their number is on the left:

Slee - SUV Storage Drawer System Details

Third row intact.jpeg

The above image is from Fourbyfitouts in Australia - this was I was hoping to do.
The fridge slide is low profile and is permanently mounted, yet does not interfere with using the third row seat.

"might work" was just intended for my scenario - I have no doubt that they would work.

The ARB single drawer w/rolling top would work great for me if it could be used without removing both third row seats.

Appreciate all the suggestions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom