Help pricing FJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My mom has a 1993 FJ80 that she drives daily. Unfortunately repairs and maintenance are becoming really difficult for her to afford so she's thinking about selling it. How can we come up with a fair price? Where should we advertise? Any other advice about selling an 80s series? We live near Mount Vernon.

I would look at KBB.com, NADA.com, and maybe Edmunds. Since it is an older truck there will be a variety of prices out there. Then look at Craigslist in our region and other regions to see what others are listing trucks in similar condition for. I would list it on Craigslist for Seattle, Portland, and Spokane as someone looking might be willing to drive a few hours. There is also a for sale / classifieds section on this forum. Also list it on Expedition Portland and Northwest Overland.

Mud and NW Overland are prob going to give you a better price than Craigslist. But that maybe also based on those folks are going to have a better idea of what the repair costs are to these vehicles. I'd post in the for sale sections of both with as much info/photos there is prob a FAQ section in the 80"s section about "Whst to look for when buying an 80" I'd find out what questions people should be asking and answer that into the for sale ad. Depending on condition I've seen prices between 3k for beat or blown motors to 23k for full expo builds with custom work done. If it's low miles and all stock in good shape with service records your going to get the most but that buyer is harder to find.

Thanks to both of you. I spent some time on Craig's List and definitely saw prices all over the place. It has factory lockers but it's never been off road so it would be great if it went to someone who would appreciate it's true potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom